1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discouraged with dating

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by 1zebra, Oct 27, 2016.

1. 1zebra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm from a very rural area & an incredibly small town. Dating options as a heterosexual are very slim & dating options as a homosexual are even worse!! I've tried online dating but it seems like every time I hit it off with someone they disappear for no apparent reason. Just gets old being alone. I don't think I'm a horrible person but I just can't find anyone for me.

My ex was a jerk. He was talking to another woman the entire time we were dating & when I found out & confronted him (after planning a wedding with him) he said "well I knew I needed to stop talking to her when I bought your engagement ring" Umm no! You needed to stop talking to her when we started talking!! But even as frustrated & hurt as I was with that situation I'm still willing to get back out there and try to find love, real love.

Anybody else get discouraged dating?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm very sorry you had the experience you did! He sounded very sketchy/dishonest.

Dating is difficult for me. It's hard to find women into women in person, and online It's even worse. Seems everyone into that is only into threesomes and open relationships. I have to deal with being harassed by these people before I find someone halfway decent.

3. 1zebra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah I noticed that the vwomen seeking women dating seems to be a lot of "my husband & I want to spice things up!" Try some Cayenne pepper & quit wasting my time!!

4. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hahaha! Cayenne pepper! That's so funny! :grin:

5. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had quite a bit of trouble dating at first, but I did meet a few genuine lesbians that were worth dating. And I ended up meeting my girlfriend, who I'm sure I'll end up marrying some day.