Discouraged with dating

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by 1zebra, Oct 27, 2016.

1. 1zebra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm from a very rural area & an incredibly small town. Dating options as a heterosexual are very slim & dating options as a homosexual are even worse!! I've tried online dating but it seems like every time I hit it off with someone they disappear for no apparent reason. Just gets old being alone. I don't think I'm a horrible person but I just can't find anyone for me.

My ex was a jerk. He was talking to another woman the entire time we were dating & when I found out & confronted him (after planning a wedding with him) he said "well I knew I needed to stop talking to her when I bought your engagement ring" Umm no! You needed to stop talking to her when we started talking!! But even as frustrated & hurt as I was with that situation I'm still willing to get back out there and try to find love, real love.

Anybody else get discouraged dating?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm very sorry you had the experience you did! He sounded very sketchy/dishonest.

Dating is difficult for me. It's hard to find women into women in person, and online It's even worse. Seems everyone into that is only into threesomes and open relationships. I have to deal with being harassed by these people before I find someone halfway decent.

3. 1zebra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah I noticed that the vwomen seeking women dating seems to be a lot of "my husband & I want to spice things up!" Try some Cayenne pepper & quit wasting my time!!

4. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hahaha! Cayenne pepper! That's so funny! :grin:

5. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had quite a bit of trouble dating at first, but I did meet a few genuine lesbians that were worth dating. And I ended up meeting my girlfriend, who I'm sure I'll end up marrying some day.