1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has any one else heard of this?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AfraidandAlone, Oct 26, 2016.

1. AfraidandAlone

I was watching through the wormhole with Morgan Freeman today and it was all about gender and gender identity. Apparently they have found a way to manipulate genes in cells to make them change from female to male or male to female and have basically managed to change testicles in to overies and over its in to testicles. From my understanding they have actually done tests with mice that have been successful.

To me this sounds really cool and and it's nice to know some legitimate research is being done in to gender and what that may or may not include. I also think it is neat how it seems they are getting closer to being able to do an actual compleat gender transition and the possibility of making some one capable of being a reproducing member of the opposite sex from their birth.

2. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I haven't heard of it but it's great news!

3. Sasu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't heard of this but it sounds interesting.
    I've never been too keen on bottom surgery, so maybe I'll be open to more options in the future. That's a nice thought.

4. AmyBee

I've thought a lot about this. I read some article on it a couple of years ago (I think). I definitely like the idea.