1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Elder Scrolls?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TheMatthew, Oct 25, 2016.

1. richie96

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I fell in love with Skyrim, it was my means of escape with depression. When I get a better computer I'm going to get back into it. The mod community really makes Skyrim something out of this world, I often found myself modding more than playing at times lmfao.

2. Paxana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i loved elder scrolls on the consoles, but when i got all the games for pc and modded the hell out of them, they managed to turn me into a pc gamer.

i even got the special edition for free, but it kinda sucks since not all of nexusmods files are converted over yet. it's nice to have enhanced graphics by default, though.

3. August2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've always played on consoles, but I'm really looking forward to Macho Man dragons on the Xbox One. :slight_smile:

4. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I put hundreds of hours into Skyrim on my PlayStation 3. I'm gonna get the special edition once it goes down in price.

5. richie96

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Those of y'all who only ever played on console... I really suggest getting it on pc, granted you don't have a potato for a computer (you don't need a high end computer, just something decent). If you really want an RPG, getting it on PC really gives you a chance to make it your own game.

6. Lulamoon

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I absolutely love Elder Scrolls! Easily one of my favorite game series, if not my favorite. I don't want to know how many hours I've spent on Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. It's seriously the only reason I have to own anything other than a Nintendo console. Of course, that may change with the Switch, and I certainly hope it does.

I often try to challenge myself to keep things interesting. I tried using hand-to-hand combat, but got bored of that fairly quickly. Might try it again in the near future. My most recent challenge was a "passive mage": using only Illusion, Alteration, and, when needed, Conjuration. I managed to finish the College of Winterhold questline and a few other quests before getting bored. Problem I had was a lot of quests can't be completed using Illusion due to enemies (undead and automatons) being immune to Illusion until it reaches level 90... Oh well. I'll finish that playthrough eventually.

7. RMember1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've put 160+ hours in Skyrim, but most of that was spent on modding haha.

I really want to get into Morrowind again.

8. Paxana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah, playing as darth vader and zooming around skyrim while slaughtering giants with a lightsaber is the best. y'all console ppl are really gonna get a kick out of that

9. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fantastic series. I've played 'em since I was a wee child. Recently got my hands on a copy of Skyrim: Remastered and it is gorgeous.

10. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like TES! I got started with Skyrim in 2012 or so, played Oblivion and some of Morrowind after that. Don't know much about Daggerfall, but I've seen a complete PT of Arena. (I don't dare touch those two first games, I'm not that good of a gamer.)

I also haven't played ESO, though that's primarily because I am not a huge fan of MMOs. That kind of sucks, given that Molag Bal is one of my favourite daedric princes, and I love the idea of him being an antagonist.

I prefer the non-human races (especially Khajiit and Altmer), though I recently decided to replay Skryim as a Nord. (Though personally I headcanon him as being half Nord, half Redguard.) It's interesting to see everyone in the game treat you differently because you're native to the land. The biggest example being in Windhelm.

I also opted to help out the Stormcloaks this time 'round, if only because it didn't make a whole lot of sense for my main Dragonborn - an Altmer - to assist them. I also intended for him to be a two-handed warrior, but oops, now he's an archer instead.

What is everyone else's favourite race(s)?

11. TheMatthew

To add to the whole mods conversation, I played TES on consoles but then I got them on PC, and started modding them :lol: I mostly modded Skyrim, though. I only modded Morrowind with the overhaul (mostly for the graphics) and I didn't mod Oblivion. I didn't really have a reason to.
    As for my favorite races, I like the Men characters. I don't like playing as Mer very much, I'm not sure why.

12. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've only really played Skyrim, but I'd like to explore the older games.

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Once you go Morrowind, you don't go back. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Oblivion and Skyrim are cool though. Currently playing Skyrim SE as a stealthy Dunmer swordsman. Only really stealthy because I'm playing with a mod to remove level-scaling, so in single-digit levels, you're no stronger than a commoner in town and die in one or two hits. It's been a hell of a ride.

14. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ah, yes... Exploration, cat mages, marriage equality before the US, I'll say I do enjoy the direction it's taken for sure. And Oblivion can be quite hilarious.

Also, this.
    [​IMG]

15. WVsunrise

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    playing through skyrim on ps4 and ESO on and off.

16. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    I still have it installed on my computer. I really like playing as a Breton but I have a bosmer (Stealth archer) and a Snow Elf (Idk just random build, snow elf playable race was from a mod I got).

My Breton though hasn't been touched since earlier this year. He's stuck doing this silly quest for the Nightingales. I don't want to be part of their little group but he has been given the costumes. I like playing with the Bosmer character more. I have got a story going on from him. I also helped the imperials. I didn't like the stormcloaks and I really hated their cause.

---------- Post added 20th Nov 2016 at 04:01 AM ----------

I still have it installed on my computer. I really like playing as a Breton but I have a bosmer (Stealth archer) and a Snow Elf (Idk just random build, snow elf playable race was from a mod I got).

My Breton though hasn't been touched since earlier this year. He's stuck doing this silly quest for the Nightingales. I don't want to be part of their little group but he has been given the costumes. I like playing with the Bosmer character more. I have got a story going on for him. I also helped the imperials. I didn't like the stormcloaks and I really hated their cause.

Edit:

The stormcloaks were hostile to outsiders which is kind of ironic when they themselves weren't even the original settlers of Skyrim. It wasn't their land at all.

17. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of the only problems with Skyrim's combat is how skewed it is towards stealth archery. It seems like playing any other way hardly makes sense in comparison. When all other fighting styles fail, you can always fall back on it. Not that I'm complaining about that so much because often times I wouldn't advance without the tactic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but it doesn't feel realistic to shoot an enemy and have them search for like ten seconds before giving up. I couldn't gripe if they decided to fall back to a better position or sweep their whole cave system if a guy randomly, literally takes an arrow in the knee from the dark.

#37 Argentwing, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  18. Quist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    IMHO the archery and especially the spells in Oblivion were far better than in Skyrim.

You could make your own spells in Oblivion and enchant any piece of armor with anything you wanted. For example, I had every piece of equipment with a plus to run speed, to the point that I could outrun anything in the game. The game would have trouble keeping up with me as a matter of fact. I haven't played it in years but I think I remember being able to outrun shot arrows if I also stacked speed spells and potions on myself too.

And I had endless fun with the paralysis spells I made.

19. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did you ever paralyze just as the opponent walked in and watch them melt into a puddle, only to spring back to life like a cartoon seconds later? :lol:

And also on topic... Knights of the Nine, dodging the speed buff from the shrine so it hits the horse, who will then go so fast they shoot off like a rocket and you're both goners.

[​IMG]

(I'm posting way too much here, but I've had such a great time. Lightens the mood.)

20. CoderK

Over 200 hours on Skyrim. 'Nuff said.