1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Elder Scrolls?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TheMatthew, Oct 25, 2016.

1. TheMatthew

Anyone else an Elder Scrolls fan? They're like, my favorite RPG series. I just finished Oblivion's main quest the other day (I first played it years ago but never finished the main quest) and am probably going to start on Skyrim soon. I love Morrowind too but the RNG combat is a bit difficult at the beginning.

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Played a looooot of Skyrim and I'm currently playing the Elder Scrolls Online (which, admittedly, is not like a usual Elder Scrolls game, but it's a lot of fun I think). :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have spent too many hours on Oblivion and Skyrim but get so distracted with side quests and the rest, that I never finished the main quest of either.
    Skyrim ends up being a full time job once you're in a same sex marriage with four estates to manage and 2 adopted children to provide for :grin:

4. killswitch0029

I've put more hours into Oblivion than I would care to admit :lol:

Skyrim was good but I missed having actual stats. Morrowind was pretty great and had much more of a fantasy feel to it than all the other ones.

I gave Daggerfall a shot a few years back but the game is sooo buggy and so ambitiously huge that I wasn't able to enjoy the game all that much :confused:

5. TheMatthew

It was pretty different, but I liked it a lot, actually. ESO, I mean.

Same here, it's probably the one I put the most hours into. I don't know, I just really like the high fantasy atmosphere. As for Daggerfall and Arena, I respect them for being the first two, but... They're not for me :lol:

6. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My "playstyle" here is a bit laughable to most, as I'm usually "the angry wizard cat" who gets a house and covers the floor in alchemy ingredients. I'll typically avoid main quests after the first character, avoid animals because I'm a flipping pansy, and usually end up stealing anything that looks too pretty because I can't help it. Then I'll wear the most stylish robe even if the stats don't apply. (I'm looking at you, Thalmor Robes, Order Priest.)

Can't even bring myself to use these Welkynd Stones, they're just too shiny... I probably could have avoided becoming a Dremora's rug a few times, but in the end I had more shiny things.

I'll tell you one thing that did bother me a while back though, in Shivering Isles there's this staff that only exists as part of a quest due to being script bound. But it was too shiny. I needed it. I ran a lot of tests on that thing.

7. Brytaleith

Yesyesyesyesyes!!! Omg I fucking love skyrim you have no idea! I mean, Morrowind and Oblivion are great, and I even tried playing Arena and Hammerfell, but Skyrim's graphics are so good. I would play ESO, but it's expensive and I'm doing my finals now. Sigh. I really want to play ESO though.

The thing though, is that the main quest is a bit short? I, for one, much preferred the Theives' Guild questline. But I loved everything Theives' Guild so. Also on that questline you get this cool armour called the Nightingale armour, and it looks fucking amazing. The Dawnguard dlc is also fucking awesome, because snow elves, more dragons, and the Forgotten Vale. So prettyyyyy :grin:

My playing style uses a lot of sneak and stealth-type moves. I much prefer a bow and arrow to any other weapon. And I steal and kill a lot, because it's way more fun, and costs way less. Yes, I'm a hoarder. Did you know if you shoot at something (eg. a guard) and they don't see you, they'll just go back to their own business with an arrow sticking out of their back?

#7 Brytaleith, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  8. TheMatthew

GOSH I don't know if it's all of them but Oblivion felt like it had a short main quest too. But, having three guild quest lines and the dark brotherhood makes up for it. I just a lot of stealth type stuff, I don't like tank style game play. Like. Heavy armor is too slow for me :lol: ESO is good too, though, omg some of the areas are soooooo pretty.

9. killswitch0029

If you're talking about the crystal one they actually show up as legit weapons after a certain level :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 25th Oct 2016 at 08:57 PM ----------

I will say that stealth combat was one feature I though was great and gave Skyrim somewhat of an edge over Oblivion imo. Oblivion was shit with stealth kills, one arrow and every enemy on the map could instantly detect you :confused:

10. Moogle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My absolute favourite game series. I've played all of them from Arena to Skyrim extensively. Morrowind was the first one I played and is still my all time fav, but they are all great! Only just started ESO, but I'm really enjoying that too! I agree very pretty game! Not just the landscape, but the clothes and fashion!

I usually play a Khajiit, does anybody else find themselves doing really cat like things while playing a Khajiit? X

11. Rainbows~Exist

The hours I've put into Skyrim probably equate to about 90% of my life spent on Earth. Played it waaaayyyy too much on xbox then when I got my PC I played it even more... having access to mods didn't help :lol:

I'm playing ESO now. It's really different and took time getting used to but I really like it. However, the Skyrim remaster might just distract me once again...

12. SunbroIbex

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yup.
    First I bought Oblivion for pc. Then bought Shivering Isles.
    Then I bought the GOTY edition for pc.
    Then I bought the 10 year anniversary edition for PS3, mistake :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thought it would have trophies.
    Then I started playing it again, but modded the shit out of it. Then the pc I played it on broke.

Bought Skyrim for Ps3. Played it twice, except that I never defeated Alduin on the second one.
    Will play the shit out of the remastered version on PS4. Will probably get the platinum this time. Hopefully the deadric quest that made the game freeze when I saved in the dungeon is fixed. Was the reason I couldn't be bothered to get the platinum in the PS3 version.

13. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I played as a Khajiit in Skyrim and I play as a Khajiit in ESO. :lol:

14. Nils

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The elder scrolls is my LIFE. Skyrim was my first one (played it when i was 13 lol) And then I played oblivion and now I'm on to ESO. I'm... an altmer spellsword. In every game.

15. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Usually tend to be more "raccoon-like" behaviorally in the main series games, as I like grabbing things with no real motivation at times. I will say the guards provided a motivation behind sweetroll theft however, they just asked for it. If someone got too friendly and taking was no longer stealing, I'd just take off with all the meat in the house because why not? :grin:

I have a tendency of following small creatures in ESO though, I'll go into first person and just bother them for a while. Shame they have such miniscule HP! Kind of miss it, due to my laughable wireless-only internet combined with update size I haven't been active in a long time. I miss annoying the Bantum Guar.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot my most laughable character in the entire franchise I made in ESO. I made a pale high elf replica of Mao Zedong. I always keep the Sea Viper disguise on him. He is Maormer Zedong, the true ambassador of communism in Tamriel. The joke was funny while it lasted and eventually I needed another character slot.

Maormer Zedong still cannot compete with other non-serious characters I've seen, however...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#15 Kira, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  16. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I will always remember playing Oblivion for the first time (my first elder scrolls game). That moment when you leave the dungeon at the start and see the world for the first time, just wow.

I have put so many hours into both Oblivion and Skyrim, they're both so much fun.Oblivion had the better story but Skyrim had more to do in my opinion. 2 very great games however.

I always played as a Nord.

17. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've played some Morrowind and a lot of both Oblivion and Skyrim. I've spent so many hours modding them, I wouldn't even want to attempt to count.

18. killswitch0029

Reason why I always played on PC: Modding was the best part :slight_smile:

19. Nikky DoUrden

One thing I love about the elder scrolls is the character development system. its "realistic" in the way that the more u use a certain skill the better u'll be at it. this is like Ultima Online, one of the things that made it unique online game!

20. August2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yay Elder Scrolls!! Been playing Skyrim Special Edition and loving it! Played the original version and Oblivion and wished I could go back and play all the older entries. I tried ESO and struggled to get into it

I am so boring and always play as a Nord. I should try Khajiit!