1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo Switch (formerly known as NX)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by mangotree, Oct 20, 2016.

1. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I see myself getting it in the future but in the near future I'm happy with 3ds & PS4. Do like the graphics and finally we get a game with Mario exploring the city and dancing in front of a boom box! Breath of Wind looks promising but if a pokemon game comes out for it next year.....mmmmm. Then again, it should be on the 3ds too anyways.

Late this year or early-mid '18 I'm hoping. Also depends on how long my interest in Fire Emblem holds. Still haven't beaten Awakening!

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. D Artagnan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Mixed feelings.

I originally pre-ordered the Switch with Breath of the Wild but canceled the order. Right now the only the game I see worthwhile is Breath of the Wild but I can't justify spending $360 just so I can play one game. I even looked into buying a Wii U thinking that it would be cheaper but for a used, refurbished Wii U at Gamestop is still $250.

Nintendo has really dropped the ball when it comes to consoles. This is the company that had incredible success with the original NES and the N64. The Wii was an awesome concept....it just lacked the graphic capabilities that their competition had.

My personal opinion is that instead of the Wii U....they should have just boosted the hell out of the Wii's graphics and they could have had some success. Being limited in graphics kind of kills any third party companies desire to develop games for the Wii or Wii U....and looking at the list of games for the Switch.....we can probably add that to the list.

I know Nintendo seemed to concentrate on handhelds for the last few years so the concept is genius....but the specs are gonna kill any chance of success.

4. Lazuri

That's not true. The main reason third party support for Nintendo consoles have been weak the last couple of generations isn't due to sub-par graphics but because their consoles always have some gimmicky bullshit that means that the developers need to work that much harder to implement it rather than just develop it like they do for the other platforms.

The Switch's gimmick is the first time this isn't really a hindrance, because for most games it just means you can take it with you.

5. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I need to wait what games come out for it, and then a nice game bundles offer and I might go for it

6. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have it pre-ordered and am excited to get it on Friday. :slight_smile:

The only games I know I'm definitely getting so far are Zelda (this will be my first introduction to the franchise), Mario Kart, and Splatoon 2, but I'm hopeful that this generation gets better third-party support than the Wii U did. For what it's worth I think this console will be a success.

7. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ooo I played Splatoon with my lil friend all the time for a while, its a pretty cool game. (Dont have a Wii U) Mario Kart is addicting always.

I hope the console will be a success ! Tell me what you think once you have it ! (and played it of course )

8. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want to get it eventually but there's no way i'm getting it anywhere near launch since 1. I don't have the money for it and 2. I want to wait for them to iron out any hardware issues it may have at launch.

9. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh right that to, what Burai says, what kind of sucks to know upfront is they will release the Nintendo Switch slim, or light , or ultra, or something. So far every console has done it. And Nintendo with their DS also so....

Not that I would wait for that if I want it I want it, but to soon now.