1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bathroom talk

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JustABisexual, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't used female bathrooms in months now, I'd feel close to panic if I was forced into one. I just don't feel comfortable in there, I don't like the looks and judgement and it's just not a space where I belong.

2. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used the bathroom at school, and I hoped no one came in cause I don't belong. Yeah, a bit dysphoria inducing I suppose. It was mild though, as was today over all.

3. Jellal

I only ever go into the boy's bathroom. I mean, I've done it my whole life. I'd feel worried that someone would scream at me or attack me if I went into the girl's. These days I do my best not to think about the fact that I use the boy's bathroom, but I'd be lying if I didn't feel a kind of self-conscious pang when I go in and out the door. I feel it for a second and I tell myself "fuck it, it's just a bathroom." ... Which is true. It's just a convenient place to piss or shit and it's nothing for me to get seriously worked up about.

4. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i get nervous sometimes using the girls bathroom, as for buying bras and panties, no problem, i feel like a girl and can pass as one most days, so when i do buy lingerie, i feel and look girl anyway, and most times the staff just smile and ask if i know my size. so yea dont worry and go for it

5. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have yet to use the men's bathroom. I pass like 10% of the time if I don't talk lol. Yet, I still get weird looks in the women's bathroom, so I usually avoid public restrooms. If I really have to use one with other people in there, I will sometimes like, intentionally try to seem female, smiling at everyone and swaying my hips. XD Hopefully I will start passing more soon because I really dislike female spaces like that. Even if you disregard the dyphoria and feeling like I don't belong, I hate how women think it's okay to talk to you in the bathroom or chat with you while you're shopping. Just leave me alone!

#25 Rickystarr, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  6. AmyBee

I hate public restrooms on general principles anyway so the genderness of them doesn't really affect me much at all. I'm horrified even to go into one no matter what symbol is on the door, I try to minimize all contact with the space and get out as quickly and with as little damage to my psyche as possible. Not because of "shy bladder" or whatever. Germs. Germs. Germs and more germs. I will often try to hold whatever as long as I can just to use our home bathroom.

7. JC9715

Oh buddy... I have an answer for you...
    Hi hello hello hi, I live in North Carolina and am legally required to go in the women's bathroom.
    Well, let's be fair, nobody really pays attention to HB2 like they want us to but I don't pass whatsoever despite binding and all of that good stuff because I'm 5' 3'', have a ridiculously high voice and "child-bearing" hips and this is the south we're talking about so I would just get beat up if I went in the men's bathroom anyway. But I would also get yelled at for going in the women's bathroom (fun fact: some lady called me disgusting and told me to kill myself when I went in one once) I basically don't use public bathrooms at all, unless you count the ones at my school, in which I am still legally required to go in the women's, which is even more awkward there because I know almost everyone and they all know I'm trans despite not being fully out to the administration yet because my parents exist. Woooooo... That was the longest sentence I've ever written and was probably horribly grammatically incorrect but anyway... Public bathrooms, they're awkward as hell. I always feel like I'm invading someone's space when I'm in one and I just prefer to use the bathroom at my house.

8. auggie95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Its not really that big of a deal for me to walk into a women's bathroom, mostly because I've gotten the same looks since I was a kid. In a way, the looks of confusion almost reinforce that I'm somewhat passing. But, I also don't have enough courage yet to go into the men's bathroom because I'm scared I don't pass enough.

9. lawlight

I'm in that awkward space of passing maybe 40-50% of the time (which is funny because I'm barely out), so I still use the women's room in school. Outside of school, though, I tend to aim for gender-neutral ones whenever possible, but I usually go for the women's as well. I've been in the men's a few times, and surprisingly, have not gotten judged. Then again, I live in a really liberal area, so there's that.

Funny story: I've actually gotten scolded in the women's room by this one old asian lady along the lines of "young man, what the hell are you doing in here, it's disrespectful".

10. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've never gone in the guy's bathroom. At my school (despite it being NC) nobody gives a shit about it really, but I'm scared of the one or two really conservative guys at my school who's bad side I'm unfortunatley on and who know that I'm trans. In public, I'm scared I'll get shot, so no. I don't.