1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living with slightly homophobic parents or new lesbian friends?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Linkmaste, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Linkmaste

Forgive spelling and grammar I'm typing this from my cell.

So I came out fully, in the process of seperating my husband and now I'm moving back home. Trouble is I'm way to broke to get my own place. My job is basically minimum wage and I'm paying off student debt.

So I met this lesbian couple through a very good friend of mine and we all hit it off. One is very emoitional and hot headed but fun the other is very cold but can take a dark situation and make it funny. Also she speaks sarcasm I love it.

They offered me to stay with them for rent which is at a fair price and help out with chores. I think great I can one kind of get used to my lesbian side since I only have one gay friend and everyone else is straight. And two I still havhave freedom. I don't have to walk on eggshells around them.

My dad offered me to come home. No rent just pay for car and insurance. Easy. But I just came out to them and they arnt bad horrible people buthey did put me back in the closet for almost eight years. It did a number on me and damaged our relationshiprelationship. My mom hardly talks to me since I told her and even then she sends me these nasty texts saying I'm and afraid and I'm selfish for putting them in an awkard spot. Dad just thinks I'm dumb but that's normal he calls me fat and stupid as long as I can remember.

So obviously I want to go live with the lesbian lodge but my close friends are pleading with me to stay with my parents and that I'm still getting to know the lesbian-okay let's call them A and M. A is the hot head and M is sarcasm.

They seem like good people. I so far get along with them and they know what I'm going through. Although my parents are cheap and I can save money there way more.

Oh and they're about ten minutes apart from each other so distance isn't an issue. Just I need a new job since I'm about 50 miles away from my current one.

So team rents or team lesbian lodge?

2. Origamidragons

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Vote lesbian lodge. It seems like a much, much safer and healthier situation for you and your well-being should come before all else. Please worry about your own health and happiness before the opinions of your friends and family.

#2 Origamidragons, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  3. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would definitely move in with the new friends. It sounds like a much better environment for you right now, and if for some reason that goes sour, your parents are not far away and that may still be an option. You need to be around people who fully support and will allow complete freedom to be yourself. It's the only way you can grow as a person.

4. Linkmaste

Thank you for the advice I Apperciate it.

My health and well being does come first even if I save some cash I cant buy my sanity (whatever is left).

Lesbian lodge name wasn't my idea A wanted to call the house that since they're so excited for a lesbian roommate. Sounds like a bad sit com haha.

5. RavenWing

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I vote for the lesbian lodge!
    Living with your parents seems like a bad idea if they treat you like that and put you down, even if it is more financially beneficial. Your mental state is important. Stay happy, stay you!

6. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    At this stage, want to be in an accepting environment. Stress free place where you know you are safe, if not necessarily loved. Sanity is very important so if you think temporarily living with your parents will give you more emotional and mental stress, then you don't go there. So, I think you know already where do you want to stay. I hope everything will turn alright with you.

7. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lesbian Lodge FTW!!!!

8. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pretty much!

It seems like a nice spot, away from the negativity and around people you can better relate to. If I had a chance I'd definitely go for it!~ :icon_wink