1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tonight is the night I die

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Jrockcold, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith83

Yea, really hope he's ok. Just have to keep hoping and checking.

2. Keith83

Please let us know if you're ok - even if you don't feel like writing a post. Just something.

3. RavenWing

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guys... I don't know if this is him, but it very well could be...
    Man jumps to his death while woman talked down from another scene | New York Post
    If it is, this is extremely sad. I grieve the loss of a member of our community. Suicide hits very close to home, as two of my friends attempted suicide on several accounts, none of them succeeding. The fear and sadness was still there.
    No matter what someone is going through, it can get better. You just need to work through your feelings and try to improve. Yes, it is hard, but it can happen. Someone out there cares about you and loves you and will miss you like hell.

4. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Same age and both in New York... Oh god im on the verge of tears

5. hexamum

Oh crap.
    Even if it is or isn't our guy....at least they rest easy from their demons.
    :frowning2:

6. YeahpIdk

Should we have a system for this in the future? Maybe the mods can chime in here. I don't know what we could have done since the forum is so anonymous, idk. I hope that's not him. Sad either way.

7. CameOutSwinging

To be fair, the OP lists himself as being in Ithaca, NY, which is Upstate (or Westchester, not sure which) whereas the news report was about a man in Manhattan. Hopefully the two are not connected.

#27 CameOutSwinging, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  8. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, I see. But either way, the passing of that man is unfortunate and sad

9. RavenWing

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just hope that he is okay if the man in the report is not him. It is possible that he traveled to Manhattan from Ithaca, but we don't know all the details and unless anymore news pops up, we have no way of knowing.
    Still, the passing of anyone is saddening, especially by suicide, and those lost will be grieved.

10. QuestionMark99

Jesus! This is terrible. If he is or isn't the same person, the guy from the article could have been going through the exact same thing. You never know. It's upsetting that OP hasn't logged-in to the forum since Oct 8th too. Sometimes the pain really is unbearable and the worst happens. I hope both these guys - they may actually be the same guy - is at peace one way or another.

11. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When anyone threatens suicide, the moderators take action to protect them.

12. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone,

Staff are monitoring things and we do have procedures in place to deal with situations that require intervention to ensure that a member is safe.

It is sad to read the article, and as unfortunate as the passing of the person mentioned in the article is, it would be quite helpful if you could refrain from posting links to such articles in a thread like this. I hope you understand. Thank you.

13. sooo cute

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Has anyone had any update on this man. I think of him often and come back to check to see if he has posted. I hope he is ok.

14. TAXODIUM

I think of him often too, especially since I have often found myself in that very dark, scary and lonely place myself.

15. RedEyeFlash

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been looking into suicides in Ithaca, and I haven't found anything on anybody in this mans age group. If nothing else, that's a good sign. I hope he's alright. This truly breaks my heart.

16. worndown89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    first i want to say, i hear you. i hear your pain. i know it well. my hope when you read the responses tonight that you will see you are not alone, that you were and are never truly alone even though it might feel as if you are very much alone. i know that internet contacts are not the same as people physically being there, but i also know the dark place and sometimes people online are the life line to keep trying, and i hope you can grab a hold to the people here to make it one more night and keep coming back here to make it for the future nights. it wont always be where you have to rely on online support to get you through, it wont always be that you have to rely on others to get you to the next day, but its okay to rely on us now. its okay. please know that. please trust in us who see your value even when its hard to trust, even when you don't see it yourself. please make it to tomorrow. because we will be here to celebrate tomorrow with you. you are important, you are of value, your life matters to me. i don't know you, but you matter. and if that is enough to get you through this night then i can be grateful. you are enough, you matter. please, please just hold on, and i know that sometimes it feels as if you can't hold on, that it wouldn't matter if you did, but it matters. your life is important and it will get better, and its okay if you can't belive that 100pecent, but just hold on, just hold on until the morning because we are here, we are here for you and want you to make it to tomorrow, b/c tomorrow can be something new. i love you, i don't know you but i love you, and i hear you, i hear that its hard, and i know how hard it can be, but you can do this because you are not alone. you are never alone. ec is here for you. just hold on, just one more day every day. just hold on.

17. AmyBee

Just saw this. I hope you're okay. I know it's very, very hard sometimes. But you're not alone. Just take care if you read this and know people really do care about you and your life has value and meaning.

18. elizabeth79

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish this person would post and let us know he's okay. This is a heartbreaking thread. I almost committed suicide 2 years ago and I'll never forget the anguish I was in. I wish our society was more accepting of all people. This thread is sad. :frowning2:

19. sooo cute

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I know, that's why I keep going back to check to see if he is ok. It is so upsetting to think that someone could feel so alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.