1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i dont know what i did wrong.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jem17, Oct 5, 2016.

1. jem17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so on the first of this month i asked my older brother to shave off my hair. it was already pretty short and after asking me multiple times if i'm sure i want to do it, he agreed.

now my parents are split and i am a minor so i don't really have much control over who's house i permanently stay at as my mum got custody over me many years ago.

before i left for my dads i asked her can i please cut my hair. she was in a bit of a rush so she just said "yeah, sure. do whatever" so i took that as a yes.

i told my very accepting dad and he was all for it. he knows i like to change my hair style every few months and he said he'll gladly supply the cutters for my brother. however when i told my mum she flipped. she said that the guy who i liked (and he just so happens to like me back) wouldn't like me anymore as he would be too embarrassed to be seen with me as ill look like a guy. (she doesn't know about my gender as shes slightly transphobic). i messaged him and he didn't care as long as i'm happy with how i look.

so fast forward a couple of days and my brother did it. my brother, stepmum and dad were all every supportive and made me very happy. i messaged my mum a photo and she said shes very disappointed in me and that i look gross and i'm not a boy. my stepmum told me to laugh it off and if my mum gave me a hard time i can just call her or my dad and they will come and pick me up and i can live with them.

i came home and my mum wouldn't even look at me. every day i've been told numerous mean and nasty comments and i got told if i re-buzz it i cant live with my mum anymore.

she doesn't understand that i hated my long hair. i hated my shoulder length hair and i had grown to hate my in-between length.

i seriously don't know what to do. shes bribing me to grow out my hair with greenday tickets and guilt tripping me into thinking my friends hate it because i'm no longer as "pretty" as them.

anyone got any advice?

2. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know how much I can help I can just tell you how'd I'd handle the situation. I'd explain you're not interested in others loving you as much as you loving you. Living life your way. I want to live an authentic life, and not being honest to myself isn't in my best interest. I'd also question if she only loved me because of my hair and not who I am.