1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting your Facebook, yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ConnectedToWall, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Rainbows~Exist

If I were a better person: yay
    Because I'm not a better person: nay

2. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anyone even still use Facebook? I joined thinking it would be this cool place that all my friends would be on, and none of them use it. The only person I know who still has it is my grandma, lol.

May as well just delete it.

3. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I only keep mine to keep in touch with a lot of people. Without it, I'd lose contact with a lot.

4. RainydayTofu

RainydayTofu Guest

I used to have Facebook years ago, and my main reason for deleting it was because the only people I ever spoke to on there were people whose numbers I had in my phone anyway...

I kinda miss it a tiny bit every now and then but when I tell people I'm not on FB a lot of people say they admire my stance on it!

Go for it! :lol:

5. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I dunno I find I forums way waaaaay more horrifically addictive. Thats why I keep training myself to stay off here for months at a time.

6. Embi

Embi Guest

I deleted my Facebook a few years ago. Problems: There are sometimes groups I can't join and information I miss because teachers in school decided to put it on Facebook. Back then my friends always informed me though. Now with Uni it's getting a bit more difficult. But there are so many positive things about not having Facebook. It always gave me so much anxiety and I mean, the people I added on there were sometimes people I never spoke to. I just added them because they went to my school. And everyone did that. It is such an annoying website, I'm glad I don't have it anymore. Well, except for the finding friends at Uni part. I hope that is possible without Facebook, I'll find out soon.

7. faustian1

Oh, I'm in full agreement with you about forums being addictive, but I think it's in a better way. For instance, I used another forum to help me quit drinking, years ago. I'm sure I posted (not under this name) thousands of things. It was very constructive.

---------- Post added 1st Oct 2016 at 03:38 PM ----------

^^^^This just cracks me up, mainly because I think it'll cause Zuckerberg to swallow a whole bottle of Maalox. It's true, oh so true, that facebook has filled up with geezers. Thanks for confirming it's not the cool place for 14 year-olds anymore!

8. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    don't delete. I don't use facebook for anything but messaging people. Trust me not having a facebook sucks if that person doesn't use another app, and it's the easiest way to contact someone (at least for me)

9. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Addressing the side-topic happening in this thread, whether or not you use facebook, I'm quite sure it's not going away any time soon. Zuckerberg is a VERY sharp guy, he's not going to let that happen.

Like I said before, if you don't use it anyway then there's no harm in keeping it in case you do need it on occasion. Personally, Facebook is pretty much the only social media account I have. I think it's easier to have one account on one thing, than keep track of hundreds of accounts doing different things.

10. Caecilian65

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I originally went through a lot of work to delete my account and my photos and put up fake information incase the deletion wasn't complete. Atm now I have another account with a madeup name and no personal details or friends. I just use to to keep an eye on things and help out with a few work projects. Thinking of deleting it but no one seems to respond to text messages or emails much anymore.. who knows? I don't really fit into modern society anyway. Definitely not your typical 27yo whatever that is. Its up to you but it sounds like your in a good position to do it.

11. timo

I like FB. It makes it easy to follow and stay in touch with people who live far away (I moved to a different country so that's quite a bit of people), and I also use it to follow bands and artists, for updates about new music, concerts in my area, etc.

12. starfish

I couldn't delete facebook as it is the main way I keep in touch with my family. Another plus side is that by checking in and posting pictures my parents know where I am. Yes I'm in my mid 30s and I still let my parents know where I am. Espically when I am traveling, that way if something happens to me they know where to look for me.

13. ForLove

ForLove Guest

Delete. Besides it usually gives you the opinion of like 30 days or something to reopen it.