1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubts

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JunieBJon, Sep 29, 2016.

1. JunieBJon

Is it normal to doubt what I am frequently? I often question if I'm correct about my gender. What if I'm binary trans? What if im neither? If this isn't really dysphoria but low self esteem. What if im not part woman but just like girls clothes? Sometimes I get really confused and question everything and is very stressful.

2. stoutdriver79

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Doubt is part of the process, expect it and it is easier to move past it. I don't think it goes away though.

3. MysteryHack

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    This has been my week, exactly.

4. JunieBJon

I feel like this frequently. I can go as far as I'm "afraid" to be binary trans. But I don't feel like I'm cis either. But I question it all the time

5. AyaseKishimoto

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah same with me :'v. Don't worry most of those doubts are caused by low self-esteem n_n.

6. JunieBJon

But then I worry that is the low self esteem that makes me feel bad and I actually have no gender confusion lol

7. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep, I have those doubts too. Something which has helped me is keeping a spreadsheet to log all my shifts. I have columns for the percentage of boy or girl I feel, plus notes/triggers and another column for my feelings at the time. I can also turn those percentages into a graph to see how it fluctuates over the course of each month and look for patterns. Then when I started questioning myself again I can go back to the chart and say, “No, this is real. Here’s the concrete evidence. There’s no way a cis person would feel like this in these situations, and it’s happened much too frequently to be a weird anomaly. The evidence is way beyond reasonable doubt.”