1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freaking out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Darthsam, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Darthsam

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I walk out to the kitchen today in my nightie to get a drink and my mum was sitting a the kitchen table an we sore each other and she said nice nightie I thank you got my drink and walked slowly back to my room. Nothing was said about it all day should I dare to wear a dress or leave it for now. I'm excited I'm slowly coming out

2. ABeautifulMind

Is this the first time she has seen any sign your trans? If so I would have to say that is a great reaction...

GL with your coming out process :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I hope everything works out :wink:

I wish I had more to add, but I am pretty ignorant on trans stuff, so other than knowing that was a good reaction I got nothing about whether you should where a dress, or what order you do things in as far as telling people, or just going out dressed like how you feel, or what...

3. Darthsam

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No I've been caught before but this is the first time she has seen me in girl clothes I'm thinking it's a positive step in the right direction I can't keep hiding who I really am any more

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Darthsam,

Like ABeautifulMind said, that was a good reaction. But before you start openly wearing dresses, you probably should think about talking to your mom about it. She might be fine with you wearing girls clothes around the house, but she might freak out a bit if she thought you were going to go out in public in a dress - mainly, I would imagine, because she'd be concerned for your safety. But it's up to you.

Good luck.

Take Care. Stay strong and proud! :slight_smile:

5. Darthsam

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I decided not to wear a dress I spoke to my mum and she said she's always known and I have nice legs I can't believe it she also said not to ashamed to be a girl but I should keep it between use for now.

6. Bubbletea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Cherish this and be thankful for this until you die. I respect your mother so much. You know I am 30 years old and my parents still dont know lol. Or at least they always thought I was weird but never really made the connection.

I think exploring what you want first (you know style, how to come out and/or transitioning and more) and then coming out to the world is good advice too. People will judge you in whatever you do, being straight, gay, bisexual or trans i doesnt matter. So its a good idea to be comfortable and sure first (for as much as it is possible).

Good luck :slight_smile:

7. Darthsam

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks I'm luck to have her I am going to transition but I'm going to do it slow I know it takes time and I'm in a safe place to be myself

8. ABeautifulMind

Thats awesome to hear.

I thought the nice legs was especially smooth (pun :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )...

That response makes me think she was smiling on the inside when she saw you in the nightie and she was thinking, alright, now she will tell me.

GL and I hope you can maintain progress :grin:

9. hexamum

Awesome news!
    Use your space at home to explore who you want to be. Ask her female opinion of clothes/make-up/hair. Then, when you are ready, you'll be confident to be who you want to be to the world!
    So pleased for you x

10. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that is so awesome, congratz!

11. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wonderful, Darthsam! Sounds like you are on a positive course with your mother and for your future!:slight_smile:

12. Gigi76

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's good to know your mom reacted the way she did. Like they say your mom always knows. At the same time, it seems like your mom would love u unconditionally. But like some of the responses said, it'd probably be good to discuss this with her sometime just to make sure. Good luck!

13. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations, Darthsam! :slight_smile: I love hearing stories like this. Your mom being so accepting is a great step. She'll be able to help you when you transition. (*hug*)

14. Darthsam

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me my mom had a chat about me wearing girls clothes around the house and she said I could and she will help me see a therapist and now there's 3 girls in the house. Thankfully for all your kid replies this wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for this website you are all fantastic people

15. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You are very welcome. :slight_smile: