1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice to Meet Everyone!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by poeticpenguin, Sep 25, 2016.

1. poeticpenguin

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really excited to become a part of a great community here at EC! I've been stalking the forums for the past few weeks and have finally decided to take the plunge.

I've just come to terms with my sexuality over the past few months and I'm currently adjusting to my new normal. It's been an "interesting" process filled with emotions varying from stone cold to full-on freak out, but I feel mostly confident and comfortable with where I am now. My intentions in joining EC was to find a place where I can talk about relevant topics pertaining to LGBT+ matters with other users, share my story as it unfolds and more or less just get involved in a strong, supportive community. I want to grow as a person, so I feel like this will be a great opportunity to hear from people all over the world and in different stages of life.

In regards to my username, I chose it because I view penguins as one of the most awkward creatures on the face of the planet. They're clumsy, have wings but can't fly, and I'm sure people judge them on these "negative" points. However, penguins are graceful in their element, adorable in their own way and still manage to thrive even if they're not the "coolest" animals around. I really relate with that. I'm usually misunderstood and seen as awkward, but there is a depth beneath the surface if others take the time to get to know me. I have areas where I may seem like a "flightless" bird, but I don't let those things keep me from living life with confidence. Hence, you have two words that initially don't seem to match creating beautiful harmony.

So, I look forward to getting to know everyone! Thanks for taking time to read this long introduction and have a wonderful week!

2. killswitch0029

Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC~! ^.^

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, poeticpenguin! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile: Penguins are cool!:thumbsup:

5. poeticpenguin

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome, everyone! Look forward to seeing more of you all around the forums!

6. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

7. Iloveyoubabe

Iloveyoubabe Guest

Welcome to EC!