1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I ended up in hell

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by FuelsMySong, Sep 25, 2016.

1. FuelsMySong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So lately, I've been having dreams where I visited heaven or hell. Before, all I really had to say was "in Jesus name" when I was in hell, and I would be transported to heaven and then eventually wake up. I recently had a nap and it's made me very nervous about the dream. I was in hell being tortured and I kept calling for Jesus and singing praise songs but I was still in hell. Then, I remembered how I was thinking at church this morning that I don't feel bad about having sex with this girl about two days ago. In my dream, I literally had to yell "I repent having sex with (insert her name)" before I could exit hell. I heard Satan scream and then I woke up.

There was also one part of the dream where I woke up in the dream and I ran to my mother and she said she had a punishment/solution for me and I didn't want to look and eventually I looked and it was a paper that said gay marriage.

So, a couple things. Do I have the power to visit hell and heaven or are these just dreams? If it's the former, is the dream saying that I'm gonna end up in hell because i had premarital sex or because I had gay sex?

2. ThatRangerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay, first off I want to say that I am an EASTERN ORTHODOX Christian, which is fundamentally different than Protestantism and Catholicism. I'll give you my two sense on this, and do my best to help you, but I may say things that sound foreign to you, but I promise this is my attempt to help you.

Firstly, you most certainly are not going to hell for either gay sex or premarital sex. Homosexuality is not a sin what so ever. While most churches teach this (including Orthodoxy) their is no compelling liturgical, scriptural or doctrinal basis for the belief that homosexuality is wrong in any way. The *only* was homosexuality becomes wrong is if you leave Christianity to be gay. Other than that homosexuality is no more or less sinful than any other sexual relationship.

Pre-marital sex however is explicitly condemned in the doctrine AND scripture. If you engaged in premarital sex (homosexual or otherwise) it was in fact a sin. But that does NOT mean you are damned. God does not damn people for sinning. Rather people damn themselves because they prefer sin over God. They don't want to change.
    God desires the salvation of every human soul. He is reaching out to you. He loves you. He wants knows you, and he wants you to know him. But he won't force you to know him. But if you want to know him, all you have to do is ask and he will come. If you sincerely beg God for forgiveness he will ALWAYS forgive you. Even if you committed the same sin every day, he would forgive you every day is you asked sincerely (the trick is you have to genuinely regret the sin, and want to stop--although we may still succumb in the moment.

I do not believe you have the power to visit heaven or hell in your dreams. Not even the saints, the holy martyrs, the church fathers . . . none of them have seen heaven. Nobody will see heaven until the end, and when we do it will be incomprehensible. The very fact that you can tell me you saw heaven is proof to me that you didn't. The same goes for hell. If you actually saw either, you'd probably go insane, in the clinical sense.

Now none of this is to say that "dreams" can't be real. Just because it was a dream does not mean that God didn't intentionally give you this dream. Were these dreams of a divine nature? I doubt it. But dreams themselves are often used by God and the angels to speak to people.

#2 ThatRangerGirl, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016