1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the weirdest dream you can remember?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joelouis, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Joelouis

Do you have crazy dreams that you can remember? Or are you bothered by a recurring dream/nightmare?

I dream some really strange and vivid stuff, but my dream a few days ago was a bit concerning.

I was dreaming that I was reading a pamphlet from our National Health Service titled "Living With Cancer". In it were details of how to cope and where to find advice and help etc. after what seemed ages reading it, I was handed an envelope that read: "To the friends, family and acquaintances of (my name)". I opened it and was stunned as I found myself reading my own death certificate! It stated the cause of death was indeed cancer and the multiple areas in my body where it was found! To say I was a bit pissed off when I woke up is an understatement.

This time of year is the anniversary of the death of someone close to me so obviously that's the cause of it. Well, hopefully anyway.

What are your dreams that have bothered you?

2. HuskyLover

My dreams are very vivid and detailed, too. I'm also oddly good at remembering even the smallest details about them...

Anyhow, a few nights ago I had a very weird dream. I was fooling around with some guy, when suddenly we got caught by the police or some other authority. They chased us down to some lake, we reached a dead-end in some room and they said we'll be locked up for a very long time. Now here's the weirdest part... suddenly I started to panic and crying about how I'll never get to have a wife or kids, that I so badly wanted.

In reality that's not what I want at all (I hate children)... so it surprised me a bit to have such a dream, haha.

3. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Probably the one where Bernie Sanders was an Olympic cyclist.

4. wolflover

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Dreamt about my sister's boyfriend and how I wanted to borrow his ski bag, but he didn't let me. It was really strange...

5. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I dreamt about my half brother and wanting to have sex with him.

6. Formality

I often have very intense vivid dreams late in the morning. I've had a ton of doomsday kind of nightmares where everything goes wrong. Like meteors crashing into the earth. Airplanes crashing, bombs going off, trains derailing etc.

Just some days ago I had a dream that was really fucked up. I've forgotten the details but I remember there were like 2 rodents eating each other in front of my eyes like completely ripping each other apart. Then there was this crazy lady that attacked me and I tried to hold her back but I was scared I would hurt her because she was so old and frail. She bit me and then I started choking like she had infected me with something. And then I woke up :lol: creepy.

7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have, for many years, had some fairly vivid nightmares that are totally removed from reality and I cannot connect them to anything that's occurred in my own life. Sometimes I'm present in the dreams, other times not.

I don't watch horror movies (I don't have to), I dream them. Maybe I should keep a notepad by the bed, so I can sketch out the plot and write some horror novels? :lol:

8. FoxSong

I have incredibly cool action dreams from time to time. One involved canoeing around a flooded mall looking for this giant crocodile that had taken up residence in one of the lower levels. I found an island where he had clearly been hanging out (bones etc.) and the suddenly saw the thing cruising under the canoe. I had a shotgun and the dream ended with the croc thrashing out the water, jaws gaping whilst I fired off a round in mid-air... then I woke up. Coolest dream ever :grin:

Another one involved driving a car with a ranger type guy, along a beach to get back to this lodge. When we got there, there's a huge black panther curled up on the carpet. The guy says: 'Don't worry, he's fine.' and the panther pads over to me and I give him a snuggle! Woke up thinking.. was it a black leopard or black jaguar..?

I also used to have dreams about fighting the xenomorphs from aliens. Those were always fun :slight_smile:

9. wolf of fire

My school was underwater but we still went in for lessons and stuff.

10. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

Well, I don't have dreams all that often but...
    I did just wake up from a dream where my elder sister's apparent Tamagotchi named Armin Arlert evolved into giant dancing tuxedo duck thing...

T'was just as enjoyable as you'd imagine... '_'

#10 Bobsleigh1, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2016
  11. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have tons of weird dreams. In fact, most of my dreams make not much sense. :lol:

One of my favourite dreams started in some hay field. I was basically told to walk while ducking, because there were soldiers nearby. I didn't care much after some point and I just ran to a sort of stone igloo with a door (there are now trees as well, it's not just a hay field). I opened that door and then bright pink pigs were running out of the igloo (and I almost fell :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ). Far away, but in sight, I saw some strangeish looking building. I basically "glided" to that (air skating, I don't know why but I tend to possess this power in my dreams a lot). When I reached it, I noticed it was a very tall house (like 3 or 4 meters tall) which basically a huge door that opened..

When that door opened, you could see the house from the inside completely. You see, the house itself had only like a huge huge door covering the entire side of the house. I saw two people skating inside the house (like those automated electric skaters you see in those little Christmas houses), but they were skating on hay. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Then, I actually saw Pliki and Jumba from Lilo and Stich, and I followed them. We went through some pipe, to end up in some fancy futuristic lunchroom. I remember there was a commercial playing that said "MILK contains a lot of potassium! Drink it! It's good for your bones!".

Then I woke up.

12. Spacesword

my dreams usaully are a hodgepodge of everything and anything. From tv shows, to books, to music videos my brain warps and contorts everything into some weird world.

Last night I had this dream where I was wearing the rose crest ring from Revolutionary girl Utena (idk why, I hadn't watched that since high school.) and was piloting this spaceship to blow up some kind of portal in the north pole that was letting these mutated three-eyed crows that breathed fire into our realm?

13. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm the king of weird dreams, but I can't remember all of them. Here's two that come to mind:

1) I'm in the downtown area for some reason and there are zombies fucking everywhere. Out of nowhere, one of them gets shot or decapitated by Neve Campbell and the rest of the cast from The Craft showed up and we started kicking ass and taking names to protect the city. It was so trippy, but awesome.

2) It's hard to describe, but it was like an acid trip arthouse anthology type of thing. It felt like multiple dreams happening at once; with one being a wide angle POV shot (like a gopro camera) in a crossfit gym, another was in the style of a Shaye Saint John video on a street not far from my house with drag queens (refer to the Kitty Candy video for an idea of what I mean) and one was a weird cartoon that was a gruesome musical (like heads being crushed and brains splattering everywhere to the tune of something like Singin' in the Rain).

14. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being in bed and having the ghost of George Washington lying on top of the duvet talking to me. Don't even ask..

15. Questions93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Had a dream where I had a tarantula sitting on my hand. I froze, couldn't move at all (I hate spiders!). The tarantula just stayed there, tickling my hand with his legs....

....woke up, felt something in my hand, turned on the light, and sure enough there was a huge dead spider in my hand. Nearly hit the ceiling jumping out of bed.

Realised it wasn't actually a dream at all :slight_smile:

16. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to have a recurring nightmare when I was younger about banana people on a pirate ship trying to kill me. I blame this show:
    [​IMG]

17. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to have several dreams every night, so I have had my share of strange ones. However, last night I had one which definitely ranks somewhere in the top 10 weirdest dreams I have ever had.

It all started with me and a friend of mine being at this mall/train station combo. I have had several dreams take place in it before, even though it doesn't exist in real life as far as I know. Dreams revolving around it are usually pretty good although mostly I am just up to some random shenanigans like running from security, but this time was special. This time my friend had gotten me pregnant, totally ignoring the fact that I'm a lesbian and that he already has a girlfriend of 10 years with whom he has a son, minor stuff like that. :eusa_doh:

We decided that it would be too risky to go anywhere, and that I should spend my pregnancy time at the mall so the baby wouldn't be stressed by me moving around too much. It was an unusual pregnancy. See it only lasted four days, but I chalked it up to me taking such good care of it by not moving around and focusing real hard on eating healthy. I mean that makes complete sense, right? :rolle:

Then, with no midwives or doctors present at the mall, just my friend, I gave birth to the most beautiful baby boy I have ever seen. I was overjoyed, but exhausted, so we went back to his place (where his gf was totally cool with all that had transpired btw lol) and got some sleep. We all slept really well, the baby did not even wake us up once. So as soon as I woke up I jumped out of bed, excited to go hug him I went to his room.......

Daddy was there already, and we now saw why the baby was so quick to birth. It turned out my special little baby boy was an alien!! It had turned into this scary as heck green toddler-sized alien baby overnight. He spoke in this really creepy language and it was clear he was not a happy camper! :eek: He had learned some special little tricks already too, like how to shut mommy up by sucking all the oxygen out of the room. After he had had his fun with that it wasn't long before he picked up some other little tricks, most notable of which was how to make antiprotons with the help of iridium. I have always hoped my future children would be really intelligent, but this was not what I had in mind...

The little nightmare child decided to build a network of iridium antiproton generators around the planet with the power of his mind. I ran outside to try to tear them down, because he wouldn't listen to mommy's pleas and daddy was at the store trying to figure out what an evil alien baby liked to eat. The ungrateful little rascal was much more fond of him even though he was hardly around, by the way. Anyway, he succeeded in building his generators and fired thousands of beams of antiprotons into the planet's core, causing the entire thing to explode.

I always thought I was going to be a good mother to my future children, but now I'm not so sure anymore. I mean, my baby blew up the planet, that's a pretty big no-no. :frowning2:

18. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll try and keep it short, but to sum it up: Paris, France, with a "groovy" sky and a giant smiling pineapple impaled on the Eiffel tower. I think the Ghostbusters tried to murder me after that or something, I was a little kid back then and ate too much chocolate before bed.

19. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh boy, it was years ago but, I still remember it vividly.

In the dream I had catfish in a tank outside my bedroom window. My flamboyant friend decided to tip the tank over. I ran out to save the fish.

Somehow that tank manage to make a small river in my backyard, with a giant salamander in it. The Salamander was the size of a person, and wanted to kill me. I ran for a ways, then turned and shot at it with a machine gun. I woke up just as it charged me for the kill.

Woke up and my catfish tank had sprung a small leak - weird.

20. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a dream a few weeks ago that my dad had died.

The worst part is, he was not dying in my dream; he was already dead for a few months. So, yeah, I was trying to cope with how I would never see him again and my mom was like: ''Get a grip! It happened months ago!''

I woke up not too long after because I was too devastated. (When I experience too strong emotions, I usually can't focus anymore and the dream evaporates) It was the first time I had a dream like that. I called my dad afterwards (not because I thought he really was dead, but more because I wanted to hear his voice after that).

Yeah, that was the worst I had by far.