1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm getting back together with my ex?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gay1234, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Gay1234

I left my ex because of a stupid reason, it's cos he's depressed, I know I seem like such a jerk and we talk and decided we still love each other, was I jerk for leaving him earlier on?

2. HuskyLover

Well, you did leave him when he needed you the most, so I think that speaks for itself. All you can do is to improve and don't do the same mistake again.

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you are fortunate to have such a wonderful guy reunite with you especially at a time when he needed you the most. As far as I'm concern...he must really loves you a lot to push forward and give love a second chance with you. Make the best of the situation.

4. Gay1234

I love him so much and am going to take him back, I'm really happy he took me back, I hate myself for leaving him

5. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not going to label you as a jerk, because I know how hard it is to maintain a relationship with somebody who is depressed or has mental health problems. I'm not saying you did the right thing in breaking up with him, but I'm not going to berate you either.

What I would suggest is that you do some reading about depression and think about your responses when he is very low. There is a lot you can do to help him and if you demonstrate a willingness to care and offer support it will bring you closer together.

6. Gay1234

I am educating myself about depression, I also think it will bring us closer, I love him and that's all I care about. I don't mind if you think I'm a jerk cos I shouldn't have left him but I'm happy he's giving me another chance.

7. Gay1234

As an update. We got back together but he turned out to be a disaster. We broke up horribly and he took all my friends with him. I have no one :frowning2: