1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What movie/book/series was so bad you couldn't finish it?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by LaEsmeralda, Sep 16, 2016.

1. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can't think of a book I haven't finished because I didn't like it. I often give up on television series, I just don't like tv. Movies though. There's been a few. Most recently, I didn't finish The Danish Girl. Partially it was that the version I was watching wouldn't load past where it was, but I also didn't try to fix it.

2. Deinna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Any of the four Sharknado movies (These ones are actually in the category "so bad it's good", but still), Arachnoquake, 2-Headed Shark Attack... They are just so bad...

3. CassieMaes

I couldn't finish the fourth Maze Runner book, i got less than 2 chapters in. Also the last few chapters of the third book just seemed rushed and I wasn't really into the ending, I'm ashamed James Dashner, although the films aren't all that good either- it all just went flop.

4. Lightsaberpearl

Out Status:
    Some people
    Just the titles of those make me cringe...

5. killswitch0029

Those movies were so terrible I actually managed to make myself forget about their existence. Definitely gotta change my earlier answer.

6. SealedVault

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glee. After a few seasons, the writing went so far off the rails I realized I was hate-watching and stopped. This seems to be a trend with the creator, as his other shows tend to go the same way. American Horror Story Freak Show, just couldn't stomach where things were going and cut my losses about halfway through the season.

I only tried reading the second Twilight novel, and fifty pages was more than enough. It's rare that I get more than a few pages into novel I can't stand, so I've finished most of the books I hated. Windup Girl, How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe, The Sun Also Rises... as a writer, I feel like I owe it the authors to read the whole thing.