1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans* Confessions?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by GayPugs, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Generic Name

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Damn that'd really suck if you got pushed out of something you enjoy, just because of gender....

2. TanyaB49

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see myself more in terms of third gender, the native male woman thing like two spirits or Muxe.
    This gets me in a bit of hot water with trans people who dont get that while I do not identify as a man, I do identify as being a gay male

3. Space Cat

I wear dresses sometimes. Never around people I know, though. I'm scared they'll thank I'm a fraud. I don't see why it should matter; they're damn pieces of cloth, for crying out loud.

I wish I could pass as something other than female in them...

4. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm only questioning, but I like beer, hockey, football, pro wrestling(sorta. I can't watch WWE, that's garbage, but I still watch some old school matches from time to time), loud rock music, and driving stick. Obviously, these things mean nothing, as plenty of cis women like all these things, and will gladly do them in a dress and heels. (Or sneakers and jeans) Whatever.

#24 BrookeVL, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  5. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I must add that I do what most trans guys do: Flex muscles in front of the mirror like: "I'm sooo masculine today!" when in fact my arms are not even 30cm...

6. oh my god I

I can't think of anything masculine that I enjoy doing :redface:

But OTOH I avoid being overly feminine because of my fear of criticism and abandonment. Well, I like a lot of feminine things but I mostly don't participate in social groups for my interests like I really want to... :icon_sad:

7. Althidon

I work in nursing care. And I love it.

8. Sasu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's kind of stupid, but sometimes I worry about how people around me think of my gender in accordance to the friends I have. So, in school I pretty much have only female friends and being around girls a lot kind of makes me think "What if they think I'm not really trans since I don't have that many male friends?"

That honestly sounds so stupid saying it but it's definitely a thought that's there.

9. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have mostly female friends too and I like it that way. Though I think if I was seen as male I would like to have more male friends. It kind of makes me uncomfortable being around cis guys because even if they seem to be treating me like a guy at first, inevitably they will say something weird or hit on me or need to remind me that I am female. It is always very disappointing and jarring.

10. Ghostling

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Basically everything I do is stereo typically female; I sew, bake, love makeup and dresses and fashion and I ROCK black lipstick.

11. BenFreeman

Truly a sad expectation...girls should be able to be equipment mechanics! Truly I hope you find a niche where you can stick with it!

12. GayPugs

My mom always talks about how I wore princess dresses when I was little. I'm like, "Yep, I know, I'm not f***ing Jazz Jennings, I didn't outright hate my gender from the f***ing day I started talking."

13. Selucia

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Well, I still mostly like things that are typically masculine; video games, firearms, martial arts, beer, technology, airplanes (I'm a pilot). I mean, my gender swing doesn't determine what I like, just what I feel comfortable doing, feeling, looking like. On my feminine days (or fem-sided days), I tend to do the same things, but if it's electronic I'll log in as my female profiles.

14. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just want to say how much I like this thread. I've seen a lot of trans people think that they can't be trans because they don't fit [x] gender role, so it might be really helpful for people struggling with that to see how much variation in expression there is.

#34 baconpox, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  15. Spoopy Monster

I'm what someone would call, "a VERY sparkly boy". I'm FtM, but I still like certain female things. My gender expression is actually more agender, but I definitely identify as a boy :slight_smile:
    Even though I think it makes me look completely ridiculous, I do still wear dresses and makeup sometimes, just for fun XD
    #DownWithGenderRoles

16. GayPugs

I shall now spread #DownWithGenderRoles on Tumblr.

17. Spoopy Monster

\

I'm Glad! :grin: It's an important thing :thumbsup: (&&&)

18. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People have an awful habit of pushing roles and "capabilities" on others based solely on genitalia. It's what lies in your head that matters, your abilities are defined by the mind rather than the junk.

If it were slightly different as an example: Is everyone with a prosthetic leg or eyepatch automatically a pirate?

No? Then every mechanic isn't a dude, and vise versa. Typical people need to learn to think outside of the box and what their parents have told them. :confused:

19. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met a trans woman on a dating site who worked as a truck driver. It really doesn't matter. People make a big thing out of it, that's their problem.

20. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My confession is that I strongly identify with Belle from Beauty and the Beast.
    Book nerd living in small town and dreaming of a life with more than town can offer.