1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have You Ever Said Anything Homophobic/Biphobic/Transphobic/etc?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayPugs, Sep 15, 2016.

1. filmmakingally

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    America is a shithole, and we need to change that. Just sayin'.

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We are finally starting to earn certain rights that no one thought of giving us before, so we are sort of progressing. Unlike some countries. Although we still have a very long way to go, and it's obvious.

I feel like when I have kids, they will be as amazed that gay marriage wasn't legal as I was upon finding out interracial marriages were once illegal.

3. ConfusedRex

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes. I still do. I only do this because my family is extremely anti-gay. I do this because I feel like I have to and because it kind of keeps me in stealth mode. I'm so ashamed. :frowning2:

4. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't remember anything in particular but chances are yes. Prior to realizing my sexuality, I didn't care about the LGBT community so it's entirely possible I said some bad things I shouldn't have said without realizing it.

5. Before I came to terms with my gender identity and my sexuality, I was a homo/bi/trans/everything phobic peice of shit. One time my friend came out to me as bi over text. Did I say anything mean? No. I did something worse. I NEVER FUCKING REPLIED. Ooooh it makes me cringe so bad. One time I saw a picture in the news of 2 girls kissing and I said EW super loud. I really used to be a little shit:bang:

#25 Random Ross 1, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2016
  6. filmmakingally

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That sounds horrible. You shouldn't feel ashamed. You are doing what you need to do to feel happy. You're in a difficult situation.

I don't know what it's like to be in your shoes, but for what it's worth, I have a number of friends who found happiness simply by moving to cities that are more friendly to LGBT+.

Is that the answer for you? I haven't the slightest idea. I'm just throwing it out there. For all I know, maybe what's best for you is to stay where you are and defiantly speak up against the oppression. Or maybe it's best for you to stay silent. I don't know, that's for you to figure out.

Regardless, my heart is with you, and I wish you the best!

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One time when I was 10 I said "That's gay" I feel so ashamed! :frowning2: :tears: :eusa_doh:

#27 Andrew99, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  8. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, unfortunately.

Most of the time I agreed with the prevailing Baptist mindset that gay people choose their so-called sinful lifestyle. Then when it was obvious that gay people don't choose to be gay, I believed it was a mental illness.

I remember telling my friend, whose sister was a lesbian, that being gay was unacceptable, wrong, even gross. I remember her looking down, kinda sad, saying "well I think love is love."

Add to that, I could be quoting a jeer at bisexuals saying "they can't make up their minds so they're on both sides of the fence." Probably ending with some idiotic exclamating of disgust.

I thought all trans-people were drag queens (didn't even know about drag kings). And that meant you were a pervert.

I was such a bigot and it makes me so sad about the horrid things I said. Hopefully I can make up for it by being the strongest damn ally to my beautiful rainbow community for the rest of my life.

#28 Kodo, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  9. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel that way as well, and as I'm still in high school it happens quite often and I don't often know what to do.

10. GayPugs

I could never live in a place where I would have to hide who I am. Wether it's clean or not.

---------- Post added 16th Sep 2016 at 06:31 AM ----------

I remember I thought transgender people were so weird and why do they want to be another gender? Why not just be their gender? What's so wrong with being a boy or a girl? Luckily, when I thought I was a lesbian I joined EC and realized that being trans* isn't a choice. Oh yeah and guess what I'm trans*! xD

#30 GayPugs, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  11. Embi

Embi Guest

I think I've unintentionally said a lot of questionable stuff. I might still say some problematic stuff without realising it, but I really hope that's not the case.
    I do remember that when I was younger, I thought two men kissing was disgusting. I did feel really bad for it though and knew that it was wrong to think that way. And then I tried to overcome that, which worked perfectly fine through books with queer people in it. And now I'm queer and live for all the gayness in movies, tv shows and books :grin:

12. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I said some rubbish when I was little, but I was just imitating what other people were saying. It was nothing more than "that's so gay" type stuff.

13. I'm_Danni_x

I have never said anything homophobic or transphobic in my life. Even when I was much younger, I used to cringe whenever I heard anti gay slurs.

14. Joelouis

I'm definitely guilty of saying homophobic stuff in the past, and yet I don't know why I did it.
    In the last few years I've become very defensive of LGBT people. I won't let someone be bullied at all now.

Kinda makes me a hypocrite I suppose.

15. Lightsaberpearl

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ehm... I used to think that there were only two genders but I think that was mostly because I had been brought up in a super binary society. I don't think I said anything else but I might've said something and I'm just not remembering it

16. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I said I couldn't understand stone butches. I still don't really, but it is ignorant, right?

17. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Growing up my family was the typical southern conservative Christian family, so probably, but I can't particularly pinpoint anything. Although now my family are all chill hippies (except my oldest sister), so yeah.

18. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yep. When I was 11, i thought that being gay was simply an insult. Idk if i'd call that homophobic though if you are simply ignorant on a words definition.

19. Spacesword

yes. I was a homophobic little brat up until I finally got comfortable with myself. the worse part was as a freshman in highschool there was this girl who was completely out and to be honest her and her girlfriend (As well as a lot of other teenaged couples at school) PDA's too much in the hallway. One day we were having an open discussion in history class and she said something...I can't remember what but it was about the LGBT community.

and this one boy and I just started firing off homophobic crap, made the girl cry, she left the room and My southern baptist history teacher always kept a bible on her desk, she without a word picks it up and throws it directly at my head (she knew my mother....Let's just say my mom would have just laughed if I told her.) then the teacher said
    "read that because no where in there does it say be an ass hole to your nighbor."

20. dregj

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    my generation invented "that's so gay"
    which i used a lot.
    Also when i was young and my second time in a gay bar ever
    i ran screaming away from a trans person like a idiot.
    she didnt even say anything .i merely came round a corner to go to the toilet and shouted "jesus christ" when i laid eyes on her.
    Worse still looking back
    was most of the bar laughed at her
    not my reaction
    "is she frightening the kids again?" said one onlooker.
    i hope to god im a better person now