1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Do Some Lesbians/Gays Hate Bisexuals?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BookWriter1994, Sep 14, 2016.

1. BookWriter1994

So, I was on HER an app where you can meet/date other women and stuff and you can also post stuff on there as well..

I really, really hate it when Lesbians would say things like "I would never date a bisexual." Or "I just can't stand bisexuals and I would never consider dating one either."

It gets my blood boiling that's for freaking sure because I went off on of them today and it just pisses me off because hello, we can be loyal as :***: and I honestly believe that these girls are missing out and it just makes me angry when they say things like that..

Why do some lesbians/gays hate bisexuals?

I really, really want to know! I mean, there's a freaking B in the LGBTQ+ for a freaking reason!!

2. Sealgirl19

I'm a Bisexual and I would like to know as well. Most of what I hear is that some lesbian women feel that bisexual women are dating them as a phase until they find the right guy but that's not the case.

3. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I ask this often. As you said we can be loyal. Just because I like women AND men, doesn't mean I necessarily NEED one or the other, or BOTH just to be happy. I can and will be happy with whichever. And if I'm not happy with you, it's not because I'm bi, it's because we just aren't meant for each other. I think it's that they can't get over the "you'll leave me for the other" crap. No. I like you. I want to be with YOU. You should consider it an ever stronger bond. Hey, I could go be "straight" with a girl, but instead I choose to put myself out there with you, despite all the ridicule and hate. I chose YOU.

---------- Post added 14th Sep 2016 at 10:24 PM ----------

This seems to be an attitude gay men have as well. It sucks big time.

4. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Two things mainly. One, many people fear that since it's easier to be in a heterosexual relationship bisexuals ultimately choose to be with someone of the opposite gender rather than their own for all of the advantages of doing that. This is something very true in my country atleast.
    Second, there is this false notion that bisexuals have a higher tendency to cheat. I mean all it takes is another person to cheat, i don't get what gender or sexuality has to do with that but yea. But some of my gay friends feel that eventually in a relationship once sex looses the original spark, bisexuals have a larger tendency to stray because you know there is this whole "type" i.e PV intercourse which they would yearn for . This whole reason is flawed.
    Basically my message to you is many homosexuals who hate bisexuals are either still getting used to being a deviant or have been hurt by bisexuals before or are just ignorant. Most of the times the last one. And you wouldn't want to be with someone who doesn't trust you right? So ignore them and move on!

5. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It seems it's a trust issue. As in, they worry that someone who's bisexual would go just go to the opposite sex for whatever reason. What Fighter said is the most true in that it's easier to be in a heterosexual relationships. It seems straight people have that same worry, except that straight people would worry that a bi person is actually gay but not fully out of the closet.

6. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yeah Fighter694 and Skaros summed up the basic biphobic stereotypes:
    Bisexuals are untrustworthy; not capable of monogamous relationship and Bisexuals always want to play 'both sides of the fence' (which I've heard even more crudely put as Bisexuals just want to have their cake and eat it too.)

Then of course, there is the old stand-by "Bisexuals don't exist." Apparently, we are all either straight or gay, but don't have the guts to declare it.

Stereotypes can be a powerful device for prejudice. And ignorance is a powerful force to have to fight against.

Just a pet peeve of mine.:dry:

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Poor research and unwillingness to examine one's own cognitive biases.

8. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well put, Pret Allez - and very clinical! :slight_smile:

9. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only "reason" I can think of would be not being able to relate 100% of the time when one says "Oh, X is cute!"

Don't really get the trust thing, if someone is gonna cheat they'll cheat, it doesn't have anything to do with orientation. The whole thing about monogamy I find silly too. Does a gay guy have to have multiple men just because he's gay and into different kinds of guys? Of course not.

I think the majority of this comes from false information, and that's coming from someone who has only dated one person and she turned out straight. Thing is bi-curious and bisexual are two very different things, seems like the straight majority confuses them together like they do for trans and cross-dressing that are once again, two very different things. Some people don't want to be educated and are best left ignored.

#9 Kira, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016