1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Someone Love Me? Please read and reply, I need help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Male Streisand, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

I'm done. I just feel like there's nobody out there for me, I feel so alone and I'm scared. I don't feel safe, i just have this feeling that unless i have someone to protect me.. I'm not going to survive.

I have severe anxiety, i stress over everything and cause myself so much physical stress about it. I'm scared of going in public and getting bashed at the mall, it's happened to other people before, i haven't been to the mall is over 3 months. I would like to have someone there for me who would understand that my condition is something he needs to be aware of, and that if I need him, I NEED HIM. I wish that i could just meet someone who is exactly what im looking for, and i know that that's an extreme long shot and will probably never happen. I have no one in my life who makes me feel safe, to be honest i don't know how i made it this far without getting bashed, that makes me think its gonna happen soon.

Am i the only one who is jealous of straight girls? Its so easy for them to have one boyfriend one week, and another one the next week. They always tell me i should get a boyfriend, and I'm like, "Bitch Where?". It's practically impossible to meet someone who is actually gay where i live! I'm the only gay guy at my school and everyday i get criticized and mocked for being gay, and i'm not confident enough to stand up for myself. The one thing i hate about myself is my self confidence level, its practically absent, when i'm with my friends its so much easier to voice my opinion, well, at least it used to be.

When i was younger, id get into fights with my brother a lot, and when id try and make a comeback at something mean he said, i always ended up making a fool of myself, so i promised myself that id never fight with anyone or even try voice my opinion, in fear of being the fool again.

I wish i had someone who loves me, excluding my mother and my best friend. I feel so isolated and outnumbered when im with the girls and they're boyfriends, i have nobody. And believe me, I've tried meeting guys, i've tried dating sites, I've tried parties, I've tried everything possible for a 17 year old to get a boyfriend. I've given up on searching, because what if it's just not in the cards for me? What if there is no one out there for me? I used to like to think that my soul mate is searching for me, just like i am searching for him.

Back to being scared.. I wear makeup, its the one thing besides singing that makes me feel alive. The ability to transform myself into a work of art is astounding to me, i love looking my best, even if my body doesnt want to co-operate. I want a guy who knows the dangers of me wearing makeup, but more importantly, can stand up for me when im not able to. Let's say I'm in the mall, with him on a date, and I've got a full face of glam on, and a group of homophobic thugs come over and start harassing us, and they notice my makeup, and they start going at it with me. I wouldn't know what to do besides try and cover myself up from receiving a too harsh of a beating, this is where i'd need him to step in and protect me. And I'm afraid that he's never going to be there, because he doesn't exist..

Do any of you have any advice? I feel so dead inside, i feel like the whole world is against me, again, and right now I feel like I'm going to start cutting again because of how depressed i am about my whole life. I would write more but then this would be a 20 page thread and nobody would read that.

Male Streisand

2. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi. I'm sorry to hear how you are feeling. It sounds like you are going through so much. I am not really in a position to give you any real advice - except - if you are in the USA you could the Trevor Project (Get Help Now | The Trevor Project) or maybe find something similar if you aren't in the USA. Otherwise all I can suggest it finding a professional near or email one of the advisors here for help. Sorry I can't be more help but I really think you should talk to someone (a professional) as soon as you can.

3. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for actually responding! I've been stressed out even more lately and the more i wear makeup the more i fear for my life. I'm not going to stop because its what I love to do, even my father nearly beat the shit out of me when i wore makeup. So I'm really petrified, I really hope i can find the man of my dreams that would make me feel better, because even the biggest bowl of ice cream can't cheer me up. :frowning2:

4. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, I never read something that would make my heart shatter so much.

I want to be the one protecting you, I need that in my life, you need that in yours.

I can relate to what you said at almost everything, except that I have a little self-confidence, not that much, but whatever.

So, first, don't do self-harm. Just don't do it. I never did it, but you'll feel worse and worse when you'll think about what you did.

Second, talk about it. With your mother, with you best friend, with EC, with organizations like the Trevor Project, with a therapist, with me.

Third, do whatever make you feel better as long as it doesn't end badly (i.e. self harm), talk (about it or not), put make-up, play games. Enjoy life.

Fourth, you are not alone, EC is there, I am there, your family is there, your friends are there.

Fifth, those protective guys that you want and need. They exist, they aren't overflowing in the streets, but they exist and oh I want to protect you, to put you under my wing.

EC is here and some members are willing to help personnally, I want to be one. Don't be afraid to PM me, the only problem is that I'm European and I can't respond at American awake hours, but I'd be ready to fuck it up to help you, you need it.

#4 TheChainedPegasus, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  5. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you so much :'( Nobody has ever said anything that sweet to me before. I never talk to my friends about this kind of stuff because they don't understand it, and my mother is to emotional about this kind of stuff. I always thought that one day I would be able to share everything with a guy who is willing to listen and be there for me, it sucks that I don't see that happening anymore..

6. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Male Streisand,

I hope that you are feeling less alone. Although I don't wear make up I think that its stupid how much hassle people get for it - its wasn't that long ago that women wearing trousers or shorts would have been unthinkable yet make up is still seen as exclusively something for women. Its so infuriating that you get bullied for it.

Like ChainedWingz said there are people out there but I know it can be difficult to meet people. Is there an LGBT organisation you could join? That would give you people you could talk to in your own environment.

Hope you a feeling a little better at least. And keep talking here - I hope its helping.

7. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, I'm still feeling a bit alone at the moment, but I am feeling a little better now that I've spoken here. It sucks, it's horrible that I have to be afraid to do something I love, and people just don't see that. What I'm also afraid of, is that if I meet a guy and we start dating, he might not be into me wearing makeup, and that's gonna be a huge problem because I will wear makeup wether he likes it or not.

Thank you for replying.

Male Streisand

8. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would like to suggest that you learn to defend yourself. It seems like your confidence is related to your fears of your personal safety, and you desire a man to protect you. Realize that even a boyfriend/husband can't protect you 24/7. Consider something like martial arts. If you learn to protect yourself, it can lead to more self confidence and less reliance on others for you to feel safe.

9. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    I mean, as long as you can put make-up in a good way and doesn't end with lipstick on your shoulder, I don't really care if a man wears make-up.

It doesn't attract me nor it rejects me.

I mean, do whatever you want to do, make-up isn't gonna kill anyone :|

Also, yay for you feeling better (*hug*)

10. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do you mean in a good way? And as long as it doesn't end with lipstick on my shoulder? Haha sorry just a little confused there.

---------- Post added 13th Sep 2016 at 03:26 PM ----------

I have been thinking about going for something like that, because I know there won't always be a man to protect me like I wish, but my parents won't go for something like that, they don't like the violence part of it, even if I explain my reasons to them, they are really stubborn and I've tried asking.. It just leads to a fight and I just end up giving up on it.

Male Streisand

11. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    I meant that, as long as you can put your make-up and doesn't end with lipstick on your shoulder, I may not even see that you wear make-up XD.

For the self-defence part, you can also try searching on the web, it's way worse than real life training, but still :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Martial arts isn't about violence. It is specifically about self defense. If you could get your parents to meet with an instructor or visit a martial arts center, they might get educated enough to see that this is something important for you. Do they know about your anxiety over your personal safety? If not, I think you need to tell them.

#12 I'm gay, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  13. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They know about my anxiety, but they just don't seem to care, they don't think that anyone is going to do anything to me because they've never heard of anything like that happening..

14. JAA1297

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know what you're going through. I'm the same age as you, I've never had a boyfriend, and no matter what I do I can't seem to find one for the life of me. I've been bullied all my life in school to the point where I always switch schools. One time, my bullying was so bad I ended up with a broken bone. Just like you, I have anxiety. Just like you, I cut myself. And just like you, I always believe there will never be anything good to look forwards to for me. In fact, if you look at any of my other posts, you'll see how bad things are for me. Your situation obviously is not ideal. But I'm positive that someday, someone will love you. I know it's hard but just stay hopeful that things will get better because they will. Always imagine the day when you'll be coming home to a man that you love so much and imagine how much fun you'll have with him. Be strong and work through this because it really will get better.

15. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hiya. I'm glad you are feeling a little better. Wearing make up is obviously an important part of your identity and self-expression and some who loves will understand and accept that. The self-defence class is a good idea - could you try and explain to your parents that it is about self-defence and allowing you to protect yourself?

The only other thing I could think is trying to get them to let you see a professional counselor to help with the anxiety - if you could deal with that then you may be in a better position to deal with the rest?

To both Male Streisand and JAA1297, are you looking at universities to attend? I don't which countries you are in or whether it is something you are pursuing but if you are then I hope you will be able to move to a more accepting place.

I hope you both keep talking on here and I hope it is helping.

16. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @barbatus: I understand what your saying, and I know that it's gonna be a long and painful time in my life until I meet that person who will love and understand me. I was thinking that since my parents won't go for the self-defense classes, maybe I should just watch something like that on YouTube? That way it doesn't affect my parents cost wise, and I'll be able to gain some information on protecting myself. I have been seeing a counselor and we're working on my anxiety, it's just a very long process, and every time something happens or if I see something happening then it triggers it. I am going too university and am quite excited for it, but I'm also terrified that I'm going to get lost and not be able to do anything, but then again that would force me to talk to people there to find out what is happening. But I'll rather worry about that at the time.

@JAA1297: I really hope things will get better, it's such a struggle just being the only gay kid at my school. I feel like some people have to walk on eggshells when they're around me, in case they say the wrong thing, but when it's someone I know personally and they make like a stereotype joke or something like that, then it doesn't bother me, as long as they don't make a direct reference about me. And then there's people who just don't care and say offensive stuff and will make direct reference about me, not even behind my back but right to my face. That's when it hurts. I like to think that there is someone out there for me, and that it's just a matter of time until we meet. I guess I'll just have to be content with my pillow boyfriend until the time comes..

Male Streisand

17. JAA1297

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea if you're 17, just like Barbatus said assuming you're going to go to college like I am, you'll definitely find someone there and it'll be even better since you will be right next to him since you live at school. Just one year, maybe two if you're still a junior, and it'll get better. That's how I think of it with my situation

18. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally know how you feel, because that's the same for me and I know it isn't always easy.

Stay strong and be proud of representing the LGBT community in your school ! (!)

As everyone told me yet, if that's just offensive for the sake of being offensive, ignore it. I tend to joke even more about it than ignore the guys, they'll be even more dissapointed of you not being sad nor mad.

Trust me, that's one heck of a self-defence trick. :thumbsup:

And, if they say something WAY too harsh for you, try to hide it from them then express your anger/sadness while they aren't watching. They will lose, you will win. Because you can and you will.

Of course there is someone for you, you just have to be patient, and entertain yourself with your pillow boyfriend while you can :icon_wink

Now that I know that pillow boyfriends exist, I want one.

19. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I want to be there for you so much. You seem like a nice guy. I want to hold you in my arms.

Please don't self-harm yourself. Don't ever do something like that. Do you live in the USA?

Here, have some hugs. (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

20. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Male Streisand. Its sounds like there are some positives coming up for you - I think university will be a great opportunity for you and I'd encourage you to join an LGBTQ+ group as soon as. I hope you didn't take my comments about anxiety as to critical - I was trying to point out that anxiety makes it harder to deal with, its great that you are speaking to someone. I read in another post that you do performing arts which is extremely courageous and shows some guts - there are so many people who couldn't do that (me included). I don't think you lack confidence or courage - you certainty don't lack self-belief, I'm envious of your openness, I certainly wasn't out at your age. It may be, like you say, that there are certain triggers that provoke anxiety but you should look at the many ways in which you have demonstrated incredible strength in being yourself (everything from wearing the makeup you love, to being out at school, to performing in public). Its truly impressive.

Regarding Youtube and self-defence I think it might be an idea even if you only pick up a few tips - is there a friend you could practice some things with? The difficulty is the gulf between theory and practice - I wouldn't want to try something you've seen and injure yourself. I don't really have an alternative suggestion for this particular issue unfortunately - hopefully someone else here will have a suggestion.

@JAA1297, That's great that you are going to university as well. Ditto the suggestion above about joining an LGBTQ+ group. I'm sure you (both) will get to a place that is more accepting and that you can meet a group of people who will welcome you for yourselves.

I know that university will not be a total solution but it is something for you both to focus on and I hope that it helps you deal with the problems you face now.