1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JunieBJon, Sep 10, 2016.

1. JunieBJon

I consider myself gender fluid but I lean much more heavily towards female. This is difficult for me as I'm a 6 foot two hundred pound male with prominent masculine features. (Bulky shoulders and build, extremely pronounced forehead ridge etc.) It's really hard for me to express my feminine side because I don't think I look good and I'm afraid of judgement. I've tried wearing just a few things out that make me feel feminine (skinny jeans, pink tennis shoes to name a few) but have been laughed at before and I've never dealt well with judgement as I've always been bullied since childhood and am a meek person. I'm not really asking a question, just venting some thoughts and maybe starting a convo.

2. Cinis

Cinis Guest

I guess with that kind of build it is really hard if not impossible to pass(although i do think that you can look beautiful with it if done right). And if you're not passing some assholes will always make fun of you just for the sake of being dickheads.
    Just know that with time you'll always meet people that accept you as you are.

3. JunieBJon

My girlfriend seems confident I can blend if I get good at contouring makeup but I don't think so. It's really discouraging honestly. Especially living here in kansas

4. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Perhaps at first you could express your feminine/female side in the house or at your girlfriends' and then as you become more confident within yourself, other people will see you as confident and then [unless they're being assholes] they will take you seriously.

5. JunieBJon

I've been trying that. Hard to find motivation sometimes lol

6. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hurts, but I"m the opposite. I'm a very small and light female. I have a pretty badass attitude, though, and I actually can rock a jacket, and skinny jeans are now a bit androgynous. I feel bad that you say this because women get more freedom in what we wear.

It's awkward, but do what makes you happy on the inside. Society's not kind to either of us, but I hope you'll change minds by being the amazing person you are on the inside. I'm so sorry to hear this.

7. JunieBJon

Yeah. I've been struggling with not being able to be "a real man" my whole life. Nobody ever told me that men could be sensitive or anything outside the norm until just a little while ago lol. I appreciate your kind words. I'd prefer your situation to mine as I'd prefer to be feminine more often.

8. AmyBee

Well, the good thing is you have a partner who is supportive! That's a wonderful thing to have. The physical things. We have a ways to go before we as a society get over judging women's bodies. Venus and Serena Williams catch hell for their appearance all the time. I know it's really hard to put yourself out there as genderfluid and enjoying feminine type things no matter what you look like. It may sound trite (and wow, Kansas, too), but the best you can do is just be yourself. It's going to hurt, but you have a person in your life who loves you and supports you and you have a lot of support here.

9. JunieBJon

Ehhh. She tries. She has a lot of anxiety over it. She absolutely doesn't want to marry a woman and said if I was binary woman instead of fluid we'd break up. It's stressful because I can't clearly figure out what I am easily with that pressure. She's very into typical gender roles and wants me to be the dominate even if I'm in girl mode. Example. We had a fight because we were talking about dance classes and I wondered if I could learn to lead and follow and she got upset because she doesn't want to lead. She even got so upset she slipped and said men have to lead. (Usually we refer to my gender based on context. )