1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cosplaying

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by iiimee, Sep 7, 2016.

1. iiimee

Hey, I know this can technically go in gaming too, but I decided to put it here because this seems like a more general area for media-based conversations. So... Anyone cosplay? XD Come on now, don't be shy: I cosplayed when I was really young but it wasn't that good. >_< Now, I am taking the opportunity of my school's club's festival to decorate and work on a really good cosplay outfit, since the theme of the festival is "video games". ^_^ It's only 2 hours, so I'll probably be spending as much time putting on the costume and making it as I will be wearing it, but it should still be fun! I took a char whose body type I feel will fit me best from my favorite game: Catherine. XD Can you guess which char I am going to be? Hehe... if you guessed the one whose name is the title, you're probably right. XD I'd love to dress as another char but I honestly don't think I could pull together the outfit fast enough for anyone else... So yeah, who here cosplays? I am only mildly into anime and there are only so few video game chars I think I'd love to be, but I love dressing up and getting into a character, so it'll be really fun trying to perfect this costume as much as I can in less than a month! XD

2. AmyBee

I want to so badly! It's funny but I live in Japan, which is arguably the cosplay center of the universe and yet I have no opportunities to cosplay because no one I know is into it. And also we live in a teensy tiny out of the way place where no one does it at all. But I absolutely LOVE cosplay and cosplayers. I constantly read Cosmode and just die.

3. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't but I really do want/plan to. Once my job picks up and I start making more money, I'm going to buy a costume, probably going to do Alice from Alice: Madness Returns. My friend has told me that I look like Alice, plus I love the game so I figured why not? Thankfully her outfit isn't really that expensive depending on which one I want but I always want the best. xD

4. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't yet. My girlfriend loves cosplay and going to cons, and I've promised to attend a bunch with her next fall. We both have long lists of ideas, but the ones I'm planning on the most is Veronica Mars and my Nico to her Will from Percy Jackson.

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was Link from Legend of Zelda one year. I had to bind but I was able to pull it off. Wasn't the best costume ever, but I love getting more practice in.

Also, I'd love to dress up as some of my own characters.

6. iiimee

All we're doing at my school is hanging out candy really, but I think I want to save the wig and clothes and go to a con, probably during the break... >_< I've never been to one, so it should be fun.

7. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That sounds like a lot of fun! I hope you have a good time. I'd love to see the pictures! ^_^

I've never cosplayed before, but I would love to one day. If not this year, then next year I may cosplay as Harley Quinn; no not the one from Suicide Squad, but the one from the Batman cartoon. Like this...
    [​IMG]
    I've always been such a big fan of this HQ. :grin:

8. GayPugs

I cosplay tons! I've been, uuuh...

Fluttershy (My Little Pony)
    Ruby Gloom (Ruby Gloom)

a bunch of others that I can't remember off-hand and this Halloween I'm gonna be Sans from Undertale.

9. TheRealSlimDork

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've cosplayed for years, and competed at my regular conventions last year. I've only cosplayed with a partner twice.