1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question about first kisses...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Canterpiece, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Um...so this might come across as a stupid question, and this might be the wrong section to place this in (I wasn't fully sure where to put this) but um what would you count as a first kiss? Personally I've been kissed on the cheek by my ex (who later came out as gay about the same time I did, we had a good laugh about it- it's a long story) and I was kissed on the nose by some random guy (whom I hated) once (he thought it'd be funny) and then again at the very tip of my nose/ between my nose and lips.

Also I almost kissed someone once, but someone walked in.

:lol: Yeah, I don't have the best track record/luck with these kind of things. I'm not sure whether to count the kiss on the cheek as my first kiss, but that's the closest I've got if it isn't.

:confused:

2. Lambeau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I consider a "first kiss" to be anything on the lips. Whether it's just a peck or something longer. I've technically had my "first kiss", but it was with a girl, so I personally don't consider it as my first, but I guess it would be to others.

3. AmyBee

Yeah, for me it's a mutual thing on the lips. But it depends on you and where you want to start counting!

4. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It means much less as you get older. Don't worry about it. I would count a kiss on the lips, but honestly I can't even remember my first kiss, or even who it was.

5. Untitled104

I have a friend that believes it has to be at least 5 seconds with some open mouth action for it to be considered a kiss.

(I'm just going to stick with that, 'cause otherwise my first kiss would have been my drunk friend who decided she just really wanted to peck everyone nearby on the lips...)

Everyone has a definition that is a little different, which is nice, because you can manipulate it to fit the kiss you want to be your first kiss... If it matters to you that is. It doesn't have to matter.

6. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I say that, for practicality, you could and would count anything consensual and serious as a first kiss. It doesn't really matter how you define a kiss.

7. scanner007

I say when youre talking about a "first kiss"....that friendly kisses dont count. When you have your first kiss itll be very memorable and there'll be no question. Youll remeber it the rest of your life.

I also dont think its all that uncommon, especially for the LGBT community for many to not experience this well into adulthood because we have so many extra hurdles to jump before we get there. Dont worry, its not a race. Itll happen when it happens and it will be wonderful if its with the right person.

Or maybe i say it only counts if you feel it emotionally because my first kiss was truth or dare when i was 13. I had to kiss everyone in the tent except my cousin. This included the neighbor girl, the neighbor boy, their two sleeping brothers in the tent with us and to finish it off, the border collie staying in the tent with us on its big black wet nose. (And yes I only secretly enjoyed one of the kisses and it sure wasnt the damn dog.)

-Scanner

8. MsAnchor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you for this

9. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is true, and I guess that explains why I've heard some people describe the time they come out and get more involved in the community and start dating like a "second puberty" I've also seen it described as "gay puberty" by some (especially those that have spent a while in the closet I guess).

I have to admit, it isn't great when it seems like the majority of my friends are in relationships (some intimate) and they talk about it quite often and sometimes I just feel a bit out of place since I don't have that experience, heck I haven't even kissed anyone yet and they're over there going into TMI detail.

:lol:

But yeah, you're probably right...it'll probably happen some day... or not as the case may be. Eh, only time will tell.

#9 Canterpiece, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016