1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need someone to talk too!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by vanebulapi314, Sep 5, 2016.

1. vanebulapi314

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm 14 and gay. I'm new to this kind of stuff, so I'm not quite sure what to say. I'm not out to anyone, even though it kills me to be holding this secret that says so much about who I am. I'm really close with my old school counselor and I was going to tell her today but I chickened out. My parents don't get why I'm sad all the time and I just make up excuses. I have really close friends, but none that would sit down and talk with me about my worries. I just want a friend who truly truly gets me.

2. Lambeau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You're not alone. I can relate to most of what you said there. What I recommend if you're not going to tell anybody soon, or even if you are, is to poke around these forums. When I first joined the thing that made me happiest was just saying that I like guys, and talking about my dream guy, etc. Even if it's anonymously on the internet, it still felt good to get it out of my head.

EC is full of people who get you. I wish you luck in your coming out experience!

3. vanebulapi314

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the advice! I'm really hoping to meet some really cool people.

4. Beth 43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Giant hugs! You are not alone. Many teens are on here with the same issue. Connect and communicate - help each other through it. You are going to be great!

#4 Beth 43, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  5. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Don't worry! It can be hard at first to tell people, until you become more okay with it yourself. I'm 15, so if you ever want to talk to another queer teen girl, then I'll talk to you!

6. loepis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi vanebulapi314!
    Just know that you are not alone. There are others who experience similar situation as you.
    To quote you:"I just want a friend who truly truly gets me." First, we need to allow ourselves to be ~vulnerable~ and let that special someone in, with our vices and virtues.

Don't sweat it that you chickened out, it is not always easy for everybody. Sometimes, people can surprise you in the best possible way. As what SkyGirl had mentioned, you can always be and express your true self here. :slight_smile:

7. Doughmaster

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Im with you on this one, today i told my best friend im gay and i felt sooo good afterwards just hang in there and itll be worth It