1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to miss Pride on 1st of October :(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ruby Dragon, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was so looking forward to my first Pride, but now something came up and I had to choose between that and Pride. As much as I was looking forward to Pride, my family comes first. My cousin sent an invitation to a birthday bash for her parents, and it's for the 1st of October :frowning2: A major calendar clash :frowning2: But I know there will be more Prides, I only have one family, so even though my heart aches, I chose my family over Pride. My gay friend said that there's another one on the 29th, so I might go to that one.

It's going to be much bigger than the one in my home town, but I won't feel comfortable traveling to a town that I don't really know. It's not that far from me, but I don't like that town. So unless I can travel with someone else, I won't be going to that one. I don't like driving in strange places because I will most definitely get lost :eusa_doh: I get lost easily, even with a GPS. I will speak to my lesbian cousin and ask if they will be going to that one, and maybe ask to go with them. That is, of course, if there won't be any other calendar clashes :icon_redf

2. LukeWellMaxwell

Out Status:
    Some people
    Dammit same D:, i really wish i went to my local pride but i missed it,
    thats my life im a nutshell :grin:
    take care :slight_smile:

3. TheRealSlimDork

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been there :frowning2: I haven't gone to Seattle Pride yet, and probably won't until I'm out to my dad. Family does come first, as you said-- so I posted a thread about this in June, and everyone's responses were so supportive that I didn't feel so alone anymore. After all, missing the festivities doesn't mean you can't feel proud!! Whether or not you make it to pride, I hope you feel a part of it and hold your head up high.

4. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Luke and Slim for your replies! Family always comes first for me, so I'm not overly upset about it. Then again... it would've been my first ever Pride, and I was reaaalllllly looking forward to it. Heck, I even told my homophobic mother that I want to go, and she was sort-of supportive. Oh well, maybe next time :grin:

5. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've given it some thought and I really still want to go to Pride. My gay friend said it only lasts till about 2pm, and the family thing is from 4pm. It'll be roughly 45minutes to an hour's drive to the event with family so if I stay at Pride till 12 or 1pm then there's plenty time to fit both in. Good or bad idea?

#5 Ruby Dragon, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  6. TheRealSlimDork

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, sounds like you've got the chance to-- I say go for it! If I'd had that time, and my own car, I know I would've gone.
    Speaking of which-- be mindful of how much traffic this will be causing. If you've got over an hour of time to get to your family, then it's worth a shot.

#6 TheRealSlimDork, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016