1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flirting is hard

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mayaiwolf, Sep 4, 2016.

1. mayaiwolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    so i came to the realization myself that the problem i have with most woman, is i have zero idea how to flirt or when to identify they are flirting with me.

i feel like an idiot some times when it hits me months after the fact and i realize they were indeed flirting wih me and i was just too stupid to notice.

i am a very firm believer in personal bubbles and am extremely careful to not get into someones bubble , this also stems from being around mostly straight girls in highschool who were waiting on an action to be misconstrued as flirting to use as ammo against me. so this may be hindering me a bit ><

but im rambling, the main question is what counts as flirting to you? what is subtle and what is too out there or way too bold?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm with you, I'm terrible at picking up when when people are trying to flirt with me. I find it easier to tell when guys are flirting, especially when online (I know what you're thinking, some guys can be creeps, but some are really sweet!).

I'm not really sure what counts as flirting to be honest....I know girls play with their hair and lips aha :lol: I'm not really sure what guys do aha

But for things considered to bold, I'm going to assume any compliment that is overly sexual or implying sexual things. If the person isn't reciprocating (no matter how tame the flirt is), or doesn't seem to be enjoying, then obviously lay off.

#2 HM03, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  3. RavenWing

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel you. I have little to no flirting skills and I'm timid to make the first move. I've only ever been able to "flirt" over text, yet I suck at it in person. I wish I could actually flirt, it'd make dropping hints that I like my crush a whole lot easier. :grin:
    I could honestly use a few tips, as well. Perhaps I'll start a thread of my own about it! :lol:

4. mayaiwolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    see i know how guys flirt but woman its like im lost. i can flirt in text and stuff but face to face and im just ... not able?

5. TheRealSlimDork

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think compliments, and body language? A barista flirted with me once, I'm pretty sure-- she was pretty clearly lesbian, if I can say that, and she complimented my portal t shirt and made a point of making eye contact and grinning. Still, I could've been misreading things.

My sister met a girl who started fliring with her over FB, she'd call her pretty and compliment her personality. When my sister tried to subliminally tell her, "I don't swing that way," the girl unfriended her (yeah that was awkward...)
    Myself, I haven't been interested in anyone enough to know how to flirt. But, to tell the truth, what that barista tried DID work, 'cause I fell in love a little XD