1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did I do to violate the art of dirty talk (not quite phone sex)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by caliwoman, Sep 1, 2016.

1. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    This is in regards to another female. Same-sex dirty talk.

This woman and I met and I was very attracted to her. Dirty talk commenced. LOL.

She stated that in her relationships, she's much more the "giver" than "receiver" and that her ratio is 80:20. I guess that means orgasms, too? When I said I'm 50:50, her reply was, "Wow, I've been in the wrong relationships."

Still, she talked about how she's a "top" and not looking to be a "bottom." I thought this term was geared towards gay men? Obviously, I'm very new at this, having been with only men and married a guy for 13 years.

We started talking dirty and she had a very easy time discussing what she would want to do to me. When I asked her what she would want done to her, there was an audible shift and she became flummoxed. While she was clear about what she wanted to do to me and smooth in her delivery, when we got to the topic of her rec'g attention from me, it was the polar opposite.

She stuttered and stammered. She paused repeatedly and sighed heavily. She became frustrated and sounded like she wanted to just end the conversation. She tried again and there were many, many pauses.
    During those pauses, all I would say was "mmm hmmm" or "okay" in a breathy sexy tone. I didn't wanna say too much, but I wanted to let her know I was still there because we had been disconnected before.

When I say "mmm hmmm," I say it as sexy as I can, but in a low voice, not very loud and I say it during one of her pauses. Then, I can hear her become upset. She sighs loudly, impatient, and says, "Look can you STOP trying to control the conversation. Can I get a word in, edgewise with you?!"

I'm at a loss for words. I'm stunned and in shock. Is this a normal reaction? Did I violate some sort of dirty talk code? I haven't had to talk dirty or had phone sex in a very, very long time.

Was it me? Was it her? i guess I'm surprised because she seemed to get angry.

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like she didn't know how to respond and was nervous, so she reacted in the wrong way. She could've easily said, "Let me take control tonight" or "Tonight is all about you..." if she wanted to continue with her dirty talk involving what she wanted to do to you. Or she could've just been honest and said she felt more comfortable speaking from a more dominant perspective.

As far as the top and bottom terms, that applies to any orientation. Women may have a strong preference in favor of dominance or submission just as men might. Therefore, if you feel comfortable with it, and she's more dominant by nature, it may be more arousing for her to focus on what she does to you.

I hope this somehow helped LoL

3. scouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No you didn't violate any code. Sounds like you're both just mismatched and she is a volatile communicator. She doesn't want bottom, and probably didn't want to get into that, and you're 50/50 and naturally would want to consider the reciprocation side of things. But you know, both parties should be considered, and to me it sounds like SHE wanted to control the conversation and lead it and probably didn't like it when she couldn't. You're better off out of that, I personally think.