1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for gays/lesbains

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Guff, Aug 31, 2016.

1. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hell yes. And no, it's not about social pressure or wanting to be "in line" with everyone else, but because I realize I'll never be as close to my best (girl) friend as I would have been as a girl. And that really sucks.

2. killswitch0029

Not at all. I don't think my life would have been any better or worse if I was a female, but there hasn't been a point in my life where I wished I was a girl.

3. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! Though that wasn't what I was thinking about when I put it there. I just really like that line a lot. It's actually one of my favorite song lyrics.

I accidently must have deleted the part where I said, "So no, I don't wish I was born a girl. But I do kinda want to know what it's like, but only for like a month, then go back." :lol: when I edited my post.:confused:

4. Goldensun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a man. And I enjoy being a man. I love and respect women probably more than I love and respect men. But through some quirk of nature, I'm also sexually attracted to other men. And men can be hot and sex with a man as a man is the best sort of sex there is. So I enjoy my gender and I enjoy my sexual orientation. It's taken me years to feel this way, so no wishes to change.

5. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I guess I've wondered what it would be like. But as someone else said before, our experiences make us who we are. I can't begin to imagine how most of the circumstances would be the same.

So I guess I have though about it, but I never really wished it would happen. That would be a completely different person.

6. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. While I am not super feminine, all my friends are women and I like to wear eyeliner sometimes and have plenty other interests which would culturally be considered feminine. So I think this is probably only really a problem for feminine men - whether gay or not - than it is for masculine women. Women are allowed to express masculinity relatively freely in most western cultures while men can get attacked for displaying even a little bit of it.

If I were a man with the same interests and personality I would be seen as quite feminine, while as a woman I am seen as somewhere in the middle (and I like that). So being a man would make my life a lot more difficult. Then again it would make me a straight cis white male, with the entire world catering to me. And my dating pool would grow significantly, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad in the end. :lol:

#26 HappyGirlLucky, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  7. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

8. shootingstar

shootingstar Guest

Ahaha I could've written this! Exactly how i feel.

9. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only 5 days out of every month. Otherwise, nope. I'm quite happy being a female.

10. soulcatcher

Lol. You must be a bottom.

11. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah i think my life would be easier if i was a guy..and i don't feel much connected with my gender (but i'm not trans) i'm something in the middle! ican't act too girly it feels so wrong haha but if i had to choose my gender it would be a guy..

12. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm relieved that I am a cisgender woman. I can't imagine having to deal with the pressure put on men. They're expected to be tough, unemotional, into athletics, all stuff that isn't me.

13. BookWriter1994

Can this be applied to bisexuals too?

Cuz sometimes I do wish that I was a guy. TBH, I WAS supposed to be born a boy instead of a girl lol. But I came out as a girl. Things would be a whole lot easier if I was a boy maybe then I wouldn't be ashamed to actually liking girls.

14. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've wondered what it would be like to be a guy... but to be honest, I love being a girl. I'm a tomboy anyway and can do guy things better than some guys out here LOL.

15. TheRealSlimDork

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being a tomboy, I've definitely thought "It would be much easier if I were a guy to make friends!" Also, I'm a singer, and there would be way less competition for me in auditioning if I were a boy(there's a lot less men who sing classical voice than women.) But when I think about the social pressure that boys face, I realize I have it pretty good.

16. Guff

Just know I'm not like dissing anybodys answers LOL Just wanted to hear their answers. I like asking questions like this, just because there's always that 1 person who really was happy to have somewhere to answer it.
    And I DO NOT "dislike" being a guy. I've never even really thought about it until recently and only briefly. Just would've made making connections with my friends a little easier.

17. YaSabesQuien

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No.
    I like being a man.

18. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nopity nope!

If I weren't a girl, I wouldn't be me nor gay. That pretty much kills the fun right there, and especially when you factor in that straight folks tend to end up with "accidental kids" frequently.

Besides, a lot of my interests would be looked down upon then as silly as it is. I tend to be obsessed with purple and cats and awesome hair dye and so on...

So that's like the one thing about myself I'm actually satisfied with, I guess.

19. HuskyLover

It has happened. I don't pay much attention to it though, as I don't want to be a girl nor would I fit being one. Sure my interests would have been more accepted and expected from me, but no.

20. Scorpio1024

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do wish I was born the opposite gender. Then, I am wouldn't have to 'come out' and I could wear clothes I liked without judgment. I'm more masculine in my gender expression so, it would make me more comfortable in my own skin.