1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If You Were To Date A Guy..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BookWriter1994, Aug 31, 2016.

1. BookWriter1994

If you were to date a guy, what kind of things that you are looking for in a guy?

Well, I am LGBTQ and Bisexual.. I want a guy who is supportive of the LGBTQ community because I am part of it and if he is not supportive or hates the LGBTQ community that's like hating me as well..

I want a guy who is chivalrous. Apparently, its dead but I don't think it is. I want a guy who would hold the door open for me, pull out my chair that kind of thing.

I want a guy who is well educated. Sure, he doesn't necessarily have to be in college. I want someone who has a good job and a car and a good head on his shoulders.

He has to like dogs and cats! Enough said!

I am also a bit nerdy so I would love a guy who is the same!

What about you guys?

2. GayPugs

Well, I'm panromantic so I would date a guy. I don't have any specifics other than that the guy is nice, of course, and maybe has the same interests as me! Like, someone who likes Undertale or Gravity Falls or something like that. Also, he. Has. To. Not. Be. Creepy. Back in 6th grade I was in this class with this kid who touched my hair and I think he had a crush on me...I'd never date a guy like that. If I were to date a guy, he would have to treat me like a guy.

3. lulzsec

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Lol before i was out, I was a chivalrous man with a long-term Gf. She was my "cat" and i was her "dog" cause we love animals. driving a new mercedes-AMG with a bachelors degree in computer science (also been in the hacktivism scene for ahwile).I started getting really jealous every time i used chivalry because it felt sexist. moral of the long story you don't care about is - They do exist-

4. Goldensun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First up the guy needs to be friendly and open and not obsessed with himself. He also needs to be someone who can switch off and relax and enjoy lying around in bed with me even if all we do is cuddle, kiss and talk. He needs to be a fantastic kisser and good at sex (giving and receiving) and enjoy foreplay - but so many gay men are lousy at foreplay, terrible at kissing and obsessed with their own sexual pleasure at the expense of their partner's pleasure.
    He should enjoy spending time in cafes and restaurants and know when to turn off his phone. He should be able to hold a conversation and not just go on and on about himself. Intelligence is good, but self-reflection and self-awareness is even better. And he should be flexible in his thinking and able to reach compromises when differences come up.
    And he should think about personal hygiene and grooming without going over the top. But no beards, please.
    He should feel comfortable within himself and also be true to himself.
    Physically, I prefer guys younger than me, but not so young that we're from different generations. I'll spare you the rest of the details about my perfect sexual partner.
    And I like guys who have something that they're passionate about and willing to share with me.

5. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like guys who are different. Average Joes do absolutely nothing for me. I like an unusual appearance and an unconventional personality.

6. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like the stereotypical hot guy with a sweet heart xD

Typically fitness centric people with a somber personality, if I'm dating a guy I need to know he understands the gravity of things and is "all there" when we are talking etc.

7. Lambeau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My ideal guy would be smart, funny, cute and a great family man. He would be social enough to get along with most people, but not to the extent where he can't focus on important people in his life. He would like football, the TV show Survivor, and Disney (what I consider to be the things I geek out about the most). He would be able to go out to restaurants and other places, but also be willing to have relaxing dates where we cuddle, talk and hang out. He would ideally fit in well with my friend group and family. He'd be great with kids (which is something I find so attractive - a cute guy who is great with kids).

Obviously I won't find all these aspects in a guy, but they are something I'd love for a future boyfriend to have.

8. killswitch0029

As long as he isn't a douchebag and looks decent enough (don't really have a type per say, some people are just either attractive or unattractive to me) that would be sufficient

9. HuskyLover

I second this! Except the age part... I'd prefer someone a tiny bit older than me. :slight_smile:

10. Goldensun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, Husklover maybe we're a match made in heaven for each other. :slight_smile:

11. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm. Guys my age are dorks but... He would definitely have to be Wiccan which would take care of the accepting the LGBTQ community, like Star Wars, MARVEL movies, camping, hiking and anything that crawls, runs, jumps and squats that has 4 legs or no legs at all (snakes)... Basically me with a ... :slight_smile:

12. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My ideal guy would be smart (and not just book-smart), funny, caring, good-looking, a good sense of humor, intellectlly stimulating, not clingy, and easy on the eyes. In other words, it would be ideal for him to have the same personality as I. Now this is the part where this makes me feel like an asshole (and for good reason) for thinking like this: I don't want a guy that is above average on the weight spectrum. I want a healthy and fit guy. And I get that above average on the weieght spectrum doesn't necessarily mean unhealthy or unfit. But hey this is my ideal person we're talking about.

13. YaSabesQuien

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I want a man who can appreciate the arts.
    A lot of men don't appreciate the arts and I find this to be a real shame.

14. HuskyLover

Haha, yeah, you never know! :slight_smile:

#14 HuskyLover, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016