1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do couples call each other by name?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Worgen2, Aug 28, 2016.

1. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I personally don't like petnames. It could be my lit degree but I just find most of them so demeaning. The only one I really use is "dear" and even then, I use it when I'm angry ("dear" as in naive, ignorant, stupid, "dear in the head").

As to the 'I love you's. I have that problem too, with not saying it. Thing is, if I love you, I'll tell you when it happens, and I'll tell you if that changes. All the time in between, just assume nothing's changed. (I realize that most people are not like this, that's why I called it a problem! XD)

Just tell him what you want, see what he says. Chances are he doesn't even realize.

2. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

I have told him few times this month about it but he just says I don't know he said he might say it in the future though. I hope he will end up doing it though so we are equal.

I can say that my therapist I see said that It's good to teach him about relationships since he never had one and he will learn more and more the longer we are together so I been trying to help him so he can act more like boyfriends rather than just best friends. I known my therapist since I was 19 so about 12 years ago I met her. She is a very nice person and has helped me a lot with problems I had since back then. I have SSI, Medicaid and EBT since I have OCD, Tics, and some ADD. Kent has mostly ADHD and Depression but I don't know about Depression part but he is having that now since he has a hard time trying to move out of where he lives at but he should be able to move out soon.

#22 Worgen2, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2016
  3. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

Well I guess the only way to find out is to wait and hopefully Kent will say hun or so when wanting to get my attention.

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll use his name if I'm trying to get his attention, but that's about the only time

5. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

But ya it looks like most people are suppose to say hunny or so when they just want to get there attention unless it's something serious so Kent really needs to work on doing this. Since as of now he never says it. I hope he will do it soon though. I will try to remind him each time he forgets.

6. ThinWhiteDuke

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems like you're making too much of this, let him call you what he wants to. Unless it's offensive or abusive it doesn't change the relationship. Forcing him to call you anything isn't going to help.

7. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't like all these 'baby' things, it would annoy me if I got called so. I usually call my bf using the diminutive version of his name (or 'die Friedenstaube' when I feel like joking), and he calls me by my nickname.
    after all, it just depends on a person.

8. WMM

WMM

Mary and I have been married for 43 years. She calls me by pet names, as much to annoy me as endear herself to me. I call her Mary. Occasionally I call her my little girl. Even then I often also use her name along with the endearment. I really like her name.

9. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i pretty much exclusively call him by pet names, seems too formal otherwise

10. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I love pet names they're great and cute but if I had a partner who either isn't comfortable with pet names or doesn't like them I'd be cool with that.

11. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, we call each other by name. I do joke around sometimes and call him "my lord" or he can be affectionate and call me "my love". But most of the time we are comfortable addressing each other by our names.