What should I do next...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Guff, Aug 27, 2016.

1. robinmroy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey there, i just saw this and wanted to give a little shout out to ya.
    I went through very similar experiences, was homeschooled myself for years, only recently moved away from my own religious homophobe parents. I just want to say that it certainly does get better, and nothing lasts forever. Totaly agree with what the others are saying, ur not alone in this.
    Personaly I dont think u should quit football, as sports have been a great way to work past problems and build character, at least in my own experience. however if being on the team is so degrading for u, could u try looking into other sports or teams u could join. Dont know your situation here just spouting ideas tryna be helpful, lol.
    All that being said u certainly seem to be taking this well,hope u dont find yourself fighting through years of depression and anger like me.
    U are an awesome person, keep telling urself that :wink:
    All the best man, hope things turn out well for ya!

2. Guff

I know anyone who comments is probably trying to help, I just hate when people explain social interaction to a homeschooler and say being homeschooled they wouldnt know etc. It's just a pet peeve xD

Thanks LOL It helps a LOT To hear that someone who was under the same circumstances made it out, has a new life and appears to be happy. It gives me hope ;-; Ty

3. scanner007

Guff,
    Omg Guff! Will youever forgive me? Please! ?

Honestly, you couldve left the part about you out about being homeschooled and id have still wrote my post the same way. I have absolutely no predjudices against that.

Also, I didnt mean to talk down to you at all. I understand that you "get it". But theres a lot of people, grown adults who dont. Also, sometimes i think i explain things inbasics because no matter how intelligent we are, when we're lost in a fog of confusion, shame and guilt...its hard to see the forest for the trees.

When you get introuble...always go backto lifes most basic activity....
    BREATH IN.........BREATH OUT......

I learned that from Mr. Myagi from "The Karate Kid"

4. CharacterStudy

Guff, just wanted to say it gets better, honestly. Soon you can be away from these people and this place, and able to live your own life. Are you going to university? Can you go to one somewhere more forward thinking, where you can be your true self?