1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best approach for dealing with this guy

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by StarHealer, Aug 27, 2016.

1. StarHealer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Apparently this is all so bad that he's completely stopped talking to everyone and is being very nasty with everyone.

....but he won't walk up to me and try to fix it, will he. I'd rather have a massive shouting competition and just get it over with.

And I know that if I want this to end, I'M going to have to approach him. It's all very annoying.

In more positive news, I've gone back on dating apps and I'm talking to new people and hopefully soon will meet up with someone that is interested in me.

Fingers crossed!

2. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey

Don't have a confrontation. From what you have written, this guy might not be stable. Time to just quietly move on. Pretend like he is just another guy. Don't ignore him, but don't engage him either.

You will find someone else.

3. StarHealer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been sitting on this, but whatever.

The other day he and I had another shift together. He's been staring at me this whole time, but the other day he took it a step further. I was helping a customer and he came up behind me and just stood there staring at me. I eventually walked off and when I came back he was gone. Kind of creepy. . .

We were closing that same night, with another co-worker. She was suddenly gone and it was just the two of us. I was clocking out and he was just staring at me. Then as I was going to leave he opened the door for me (after weeks of passive aggressive behavior), and got really nervous.

I just left, though. I won't see him again till Saturday.

So I guess he wants to "try" to talk to me again.

:icon_conf

. . .or he's hoping I'll cave.

4. StarHealer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He went to a concert with his girlfriend tonight.

I want to beat the fucking shit out of him. I fucking hate him. He's such an asshole.

:tears::tears::tears:.

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    StarHealer, why are you hanging on to this? You know it is a dead-end as a bf relationship by now, right? You're letting him abuse you emotionally and you're abusing yourself emotionally by beating yourself up over him. I kNOW this is hard, but you really, really, REALLY have to find a way to move on...

6. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He sounds really immature. Even if he was gay, would you really want to go out with him? He seems like a manipulative and angry person who doesnt know how to deal with his own emotions.

You need to stop looking at him and start looking at yourself. You need to work on your self-esteem. You think he is too good for you but its actually the other way around.

Dont stand around hoping that he will suddenly flip a switch and be nice enough and sensible enough to ask you out properly. You should be praying that it never happens. He sounds like he would wreck your life.

There are plenty of better guys out there for you. (*hug*)

7. Briefconflict

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Star healer,
    I've got a different feeling from this post, you initially told him he was hot whether you were joking or not, here's a guy thought he was straight suddenly a gay guy hits on him and he has feelings for you but doesn't know how to deal with them.

He tries to connect with you, fucks it up and doesn't know how to make it right.

He has all these weird reactions and acts immature but love fucks with your head causing you to go crazy.

You ignore him which only makes it worse for him, naturally his reactions just get worse.

You never have the heart to heart with him as other posters advised so you never got it out in the open.

You obviously cared for him now you hate him, frankly you were the problem here and he just reacted badly...

I doubt anyone will back me on this but it's just the feeling I got, I feel sorry for him.

8. StarHealer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, to be honest we're both really immature people. We both handled this thing all wrong and when one tried, the other pulled back.

I don't care anymore. The girl he supposedly left "to get with me", was willing to get back with him, even after he supposedly told her he was cheating on her and broke up with her at dinner, in a restaurant (great guy).

I have a feeling its not the same girl though. . . I also have a feeling he talks a lot of shit which isn't true. It's probably a cousin or a sister. He knew that my friend would tell me about it, so I'm sure it was a ploy to make me upset. Congrats.

Overall, I've come to the conclusion, he's a facade, a coward, and pathetic.

Me too though, so. . .

Anyway. I'm trying to sift through men on dating apps, trying to get past all the one's that just want to hook up and find the ones that want to date. I suspect if I hold my breath, I'm going to die. I also suspect I'm going to be blocking a lot of people.

Meh.

9. StarHealer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been trying so hard for the past few weeks to be okay and I'm just not okay.

I've been ignoring him for weeks now and my friend/manager pulled me aside and told me that she asked his point of view on what's been going on and I guess he said that he "doesn't know why I've suddenly stopped talking to him." and that "it's so bad, he won't even look at me." and she said that I basically need to talk to him for our jobs sake.

I really really thought on it and I felt I should be a bigger man, so I started talking to him again and it's just so uncomfortable for me. I really tried, but it's just so painful. I think I need to transfer or find another job, which really sucks.

I wish I could just say "I'm only available to work, when Nick isn't working".

:::rant over:::

#29 StarHealer, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  10. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    From everything you say, I think he does really like you but is having a very hard time accepting his same sex attractions. He sounds like he definetly doesn't know how to deal with the emotions, or how to make things right. He is probably hoping you will talk to him about it or that you will make a move. Possibly he is just not ready to accept his sexuality yet.

Maybe you are being a little harsh on him? You know he is not out in any way and that he might still be in denial. I remember what it was like when I first realised I was attracted to a women. It wasn't easy. You also haven't been direct with him regarding what you wanted and how you feel?

Since it is now affecting your job, would it be worth trying to have a heart-to-heart conversation with him? Get everything out in the open and be honest about how you feel? If he is not willing or able to do that then I agree with everyone else, you have tried and you need to move on. I would still be professional and polite though.

11. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I read the whole post and honestly I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. Maybe he's not entirely sure of his sexuality but unlike other stories here, it seems like he's tried (according to your vague initial post). You said he tried to hook up with you, but what exactly happened? You also mentioned he asked you out on a date? How did you determine that? If he's tried all this and you somehow rejected his advances, then of course he'd be sad. Your reaction to that was to ignore him?

You also could have had a proper conversation with him earlier on. Of course he may initially not open up, but don't expect a complete hollywood resolution from one single conversation. If you really were interested in him, you should've communicated with him, especially as it seems like he's already tried to express his interest in you?

Just trying to talk as if nothing happened right now is of course hard. I still suggest you talk to him properly about what transpired and where you two stand. If it's hard to talk in person, you can write a letter or an email. We can help you write one, but I honestly think this is the only way to start moving forward as you can't cut him off entirely.

12. StarHealer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Seriously, I don't even know any more. I feel mental......

Because I didn't tell the story from the very beginning I know I didn't make much sense. This has been going on for probably about 7 - 8 months now. I'll try my best, but so much has happened since this started. Sorry if it's disjointed and very long.

I made the off hand comment that I though he was hot, as a joke. That's how it started.

All of a sudden he was acting all weird (by weird I mean flirty) toward me and I just rolled with it, cause I really didn't know what was happening. I thought maybe cause I was opening up to him, he was trying to be more friendly to me.

Then it started to become clearer that it was probably a hook up thing. He started saying things that all went back to sex. The night he tried to set up the hook up, he was all "We're going to be all alone tonight..." Later he awkwardly walked up and said that we weren't going to do the project, but we'd start in ten minutes. He was shaking. He said something that didn't make any sense, then just walked off once I didn't do anything.

I didn't do it cause 1)We were at work 2)He was terrified and I didn't think it would be a good idea. I didn't know what would happen after. I've heard how guys freak out because they realize what they've done. 3)I kind of freaked out myself. The next night he tried again, and that's when I probably should have done it, but I just didn't think wasn't a good idea.

In an off hand way, I told him that hooking up at work wouldn't be a good idea. Two weeks after that I tried to initiate something and he was scowling and avoiding me. When we talked that night, he made sure to stay as far away from me as possible. I have never tried to do that again and sex hasn't come up ever again, other than in jokes.

So after that, it seemed to die down a bit. If guess if he just wanted to have a hook up buddy, I fucked that all up.

We were still friends and the flirting seemed to die down.

He started telling me more about himself at this point and it came out that he got a degree in Art, so I thought it would be cool to try to get him to help me with this book I'm writing, have him do the art work for me. Because of this we exchanged numbers. So there was some texting, here and there and I finally called him to talk about the characters. It was all very exciting, but it ended up going no where. He basically could only come up with a copy of an already established character. So....

So with the texting came the next level of our "relationship". He started telling me things about himself that I could tell he thought I'd make fun of him. That he likes watching anime videos on youtube, that are mashed up with funky jams. So I told he to send me some. He did. I liked them. It was cool. I sent him some joke videos from Family Guy and Robot Chicken, which I know he likes.

The next day, at 8am he sent me a Sailor Moon video. He know's I love Sailor Moon. I saw what the songs title was and I just . . . I sent him a smiling emoji as soon as I saw it and he sent one back.

He then sent me this. I just commented that I couldn't believe that the April O'neal character had said she was "wetter then Six Flags Hurricane Harbor". He responded "Lol, boner food". Which is what Shredder said. (You'll have to watch the clip to get it).

I kept sending him funny/joke videos and he always said that it made him happy, but he noticeably kind of dropped off with his texts.

So around this time, he was talking about going to the movies. The conversation started "So what are you doing after work?" I said I was tired and just wanted to go home. He was saying the movie "The Shallows" looked pretty cool, "cause the lead actress is boner food", so he wanted to see it. He then said "Do you think you'll see it?" and I was like, "Nah, doesn't look that good to me" and he's "really, I thought you like horror movies?" and I was like "I normally do, but recent horror movies have been a let down". Then he's just like "you really aren't going to see it?" and I just said probably not. He then said "Oh, well I'm going home to change, then I'm heading over." I didn't know what to say to that except "well have fun". He walked off after that.

The feeling I got was that he was hoping I'd be like "Oh, can I go with you?". I could be wrong... I felt that IF he wanted me to go with him, that he should have just asked me. I'm probably wrong though......

This about the time it started to get rough.

So I had seen the movie "Independence Day 2" with my sister. He was asking me about it and I was saying that it was okay and that I had to suffer cause Liam Hemsworth is in it. He laughed asking why and I was like "Well, he's no Chris Hemsworth! I mean he's just so freaking gorgeous...."

The look on Nick's face was, just wow. He looked like he couldn't believe that I would dare to say something like that to him. He looked so so jealous. He just walked away and kind of didn't talk to me for a while. I just felt very confused and like I massively fucked up.

Another day, he very loudly has a conversation with my co-worker that he had dinner with HIS GIRLFRIEND and that at this dinner he told her that he's cheating on her and that he's leaving her. She apparently made a scene at the restaurant and he just left. I went up over to where he was and I could see him pretending to look over some paper work, but was really watching me. I went up to him and he was like "Oh, did you hear any of that?" He was yelling it across the room, so yeah. He just looked at me. I eventually said I was sorry, cause I didn't know what else to say.

Another day, he's talking about another one of his gay friends and how she had a crush on a straight girl. I know his friend too and I commented that it keeps happening to her and that that sucks, it's kind of not fair for anyone involved. He was just like, well the "straight person probably just like the attention". That rubbed me the wrong way. (I own this one) I just kind of stopped talking to him because of that. It was probably a week, and then I just talked to him again. (Yes yes, I'm pathetic.....)

Later on, an old co-worker of mine came in and I was chatting with him. I could feel eyes on me and I realized that Nick was staring over at us, looking so jealous it kind of scared me. He already seemed to really be pulling away at this point. He was distant and would occasionally give me dirty looks and walk away. So I was getting even more confused. Again, this whole time all I could officially say was that we're just friends.

So he starts telling me that his ex-girlfriend is apparently showing up with random guys, to our job and that she's showing up at his house and that she even was there when he got home from and it was just so so awkward. He was kind of getting weird at this point and it was all starting to wear me down. I was trying to just be a good friend. There was no more texting at this point.

Randomly, a girl came in and he made this whole huge production out of her bringing him something and they hugged and then she left. I admit I upset by this, but I acted like I wasn't. I was off and he still had the box in his hands, as I made my way out. He says "Oh you're out?" and I just smiled and said "Yeah, bye!" and waved at him. He suddenly got this very nasty look on his face and stormed off.

I stopped talking to him again, after that. It all got to much for me. I didn't understand what was going on, but I figured he moved on.

Well it was a month this time, probably more like two weeks, when you condense it to the times we saw each other. The first time I stopped talking to him, he seemed confused, but it didn't bother him. This time he looked really upset. He was staring at me from across the room and behind things. Over time it went from upset to angry and he started to get aggressive in his behavior toward me. I kind of started to get a bit scared, cause it was getting more and more aggressive. It was also starting to effect how he was behaving toward our other co-workers.

When I was ready to talk to him, I figured that I'd need to soften the blow first. So I just walked up to him and said "I watched Bone Tomahawk because of you. . ." He just started at me and then said "So. . . , did you like it?" Sometimes, you just need to be a dude about things..... He lightened up immediately and he seemed happy again.

Step one done, now on to step two. I DECIDED TO TELL HIM THAT I LIKED HIM.

So, we opened on morning and I was chatting to him, building up to it. He was so happy I was talking to him again. I tell him about how a lot has been bothering me lately and he wanted to know why. I slowly made my way to saying that I just needed to tell him that I really liked him. He got what I meant. He cringed and then smiled and looked up at me. He changed the subject. He asked me about a local dollar theater I had gone to and asked if I would recommend it. I said it was okay. He told me how he went to a dollar theater in another city and that he didn't like it. He went late at night and that it had homeless and drunk people in there wit him and he thought it was ghetto. He says "yeah WE didn't really like it". Then adds "I felt bad for her, that she wanted to see this movie late at night and there were all these ghetto people around".

I did my best to remain calm. I casually asked "Oh, were you on a date?". He immediately got defensive and was just like "No!!! It was just. . ." he never finished the thought. I calmly added "Well, if it had been. It wouldn't be very romantic. Sorry that happened." He said nothing. I added hopefully next time, then I went to work.

I was a bit more distant with him at this point, I was just okay with him. I was kind of just going through the motions, but I was slowly starting to feel more and more upset by what had happened. How he basically side stepped by admission by pushing his straightness up in my face.

It came out that he was going to cover at another store for a week. I was silently happy that he'd be away from each other, hopefully that would be good for us.

That week came and went. I saw the next schedule and he only had one day on it. I worked with him that day and didn't know what him having only one day meant. I asked and it turned out that he was covering for another week.

So that Monday comes and I see him, he's storming around aggressively so I figure I better stay away. Later in the day, a customer that I can't stand came in. I went to the office and said "God, I hate that guy. . .", he smiled up at me and said "Welcome back." I just looked at him and said "Welcome back!!? Welcome Back? I'm not back! I hate you! . . .welcome back?" He was beaming. So I yelled, stop smiling! He tried but couldn't. So I yelled louder "Stop smiling damn it!!!!" He tried. I smacked him arm and walked out. Later he called me to the front and I hit him then threw something at him and he said "Thank you for that. . ." I screamed and walked off. He came over to me and started telling me all about the nightmare the other store was. He was complaining about the people that worked there. He was just like "You guys are so good here" and I decided to joke around and said "Well, no body is me sweetheart!". He paused and looked a me then said "I love you. . . , guys. . ." I just laughed. I'm sure it was nothing. At this point, he admitted to me that he wanted to quit our job soon. I just said that I understood. In my head I just thought, "Well, if we're meant to be around each other then we will be. Regardless of if we work together or not."

Later on I threw more stuff at him and smacked him again, and I could tell he was over it. So I told him good luck with the other store and that was that.

So the next week goes and I'm so excited that he's coming back. I see him the day that his shift ends at the other store. He came in and looked defeated. He smiled at me, sighed and then walked off. I was so worried about him, but he was gone before I could do anything.

The next time I saw him I was again so happy to see him. He saw me, cringed and walked away. He looked miserable. I stayed away from him. Later in the shift I could see him looking at me, but I was in a bad mood at this point, so stayed away.

So then it's our next shift and he again cringes and walks away from me. I stay away again. Repeat the above.

The third time, was too much for me. I know he can be in bad moods and I can usually look past it. I know that usually he gets over it and moves on and we can talk again. So I gave the fuck up.

This lasted for about a month and a half. I completely ignored him. It was horrible. He became absolutely horrible toward everyone. People started to complain to me about how he was behaving. My friend/manager came to me about it (I later found out that he brought it up all by himself. It was something that really bothered him).

[During this time I went to see Britney Spears in Vegas. I know he heard about it and I know it was a negative thing. Earlier, when we were doing okay, I had told him about how I got a bunch of free tickets to see concerts. He looked like he wanted to ask me to take him. He kept asking me if I wanted to go see Britney. I said I probably wouldn't go, cause I couldn't afford it. He kept asking me and bringing it up. Way later I worked up the nerve to ask him if he would go watch a concert with me. He said I should just go with my mom. This happened right before he went to the other store and was part of why I didn't want to talk to him anymore]

I decided that I would have to talk to him again, for the sake of our job and for his sake.

So I just talked to him. It wasn't anything other than being cordial, all about work. He looked stunned and was trying to be nice to me that day. I later found out that he was very nice toward everyone after that.

A couple days later, we worked again. I was telling another co-worker about how someone had apparently complained about me. Nick stormed off, thinking I was talking about him. I made sure he was around to clarify that I was talking about another one of our co-workers that apparently complained about me. He calmed down.

I then found out that he took his girlfriend to see a concert. I feel like it was in response to me seeing Britney. . . I have to admit that I'm upset by this though. . .

We worked together a couple of days ago and we had a full staff that night. My co-worker was straight up watching the UCLA game on his cellphone, right in the middle of the floor. Nick was in the office. I was busy doing everything! It left a bad taste in my mouth. I knew Nick was letting him get away with it. At the end of the night I was fuming. So when the time came to leave, I just stormed out. I guess Nick was in the middle of saying bye to me, but I just left before he could say anything.

He took this horribly and I found out today that he was right back to his nasty mood with everyone.

[Thinking of that fucking asshole of a co-worker, of mine, brought up a memory. Back in the good old days, the day I found out about my free tickets in fact! I was in the very back room tucked in a corner on my phone texting my mom about it. Suddenly I heard Nick talking, with that asshole co-worker of ours. Suddenly a package goes soaring toward a box, but misses. They are down a hallway and can't see me. I guess the asshole leaves and Nick comes around the corner. Bending down to grab the package, he turns seeing me standing there. He gets this huge smile on his face, and walks toward me with this hungry look on his face. He got centimeters away from me, when suddenly THAT FUCKING ASSHOLES voice returns. Nick turns and walks back around the corner so we won't get caught. I just stood there wishing I were dead. That wasn't my fault, I was ready for whatever was about to happen, but it got ruined.]

Anyway, today I worked with him. I didn't see him right away, so just got to work. Suddenly I heard a box slam down hard, looking over I see Nick just looking away with an absolutely pissed look on his face. Great.... I had to put a request in for my Halloween activities and he was the only manager available. I walked up to him and and his face got more and more dirty. I just stood next to him and said "Hey, can I put this in the office?" He looked and me and said "Sure." We walked over and I put it in the pile. I just stood there and he looked awkward. I finally said "Thanks", then left. Apparently that was too much for him, because he straight up left. When the other manager was able to I asked to see my request and I saw that he looked at it.

Because I'm a psycho and I hate myself, I went and cyber stalked his facebook for the first time two days ago. I saw the profile pic was with a group of people. I looked through his pictures and just got sad, seeing him and his life. There's a lot I don't know, based on what I saw. I did see that he is listed as single.

I told my friend that I looked at his facebook and she was like, "Oh it's not private any more??" So she got on it. She saw the profile pic and was like "Oh, that girl he's standing next to is his girlfriend", he posted the pic on September 6th. Apparently they went to a wedding together. I did find it weird that he didn't have her tagged in the pic, cause I decided to go full psycho and see if she had him listed as her boyfriend. He has every other picture on his page is tagged with the people that he's standing next to.

I'm at a crossroads now. I was going to have a conversation with him, where I ask him if he wanted to try to figure this all out. I was going to say that, I feel our biggest problem is that we don't have communication and I was just going to go from there.

The whole girlfriend thing has thrown me.... If he really set her down and said all that stuff and walked out on her, I have to wonder if she's severely mentally ill...... or he's been lying this whole time.

Maybe he was doing this, cause he thought it was what I needed to hear in order to
    be more willing to just hook up with him. Like how guys are with girls, all the time. He's pushed me into a female role during all of this....

I feel like I'm wasting my time here. Maybe he's moved on now. Maybe having that conversation would be a huge mistake now. Maybe he's over this whole "gay" thing. He's had enough with all the drama. Maybe he's already done gay shit and this is all just a fun game for him.

I want a drink so fucking bad right now.....

#32 StarHealer, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  13. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Starhealer,

Remind me again, please. Why are you still pining for this guy when he has been to mentally and emotionally abusive towards you? And why haven't you put the effort you spend getting upset over him into find yourself a real bf?

Just asking...:slight_smile:

14. StarHealer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Did you see the parts in there where I said I was pathetic? That's probably why....

(Also, it seems people only read the first post and keep asking me about this, so I thought I'd just post as much as I could remember about it. Not that anyone will see or read that giant post....)

I've talked to about 15 guys and it's all gone no where. All the rest of the guys I've talked to just want to hook up.

I'm getting stretched very thin. I'm might just snap. In half.

#34 StarHealer, Oct 1, 2016
  15. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I've seen where you've said you're pathetic and other places in this thread where you've been down on yourself. All that tells me is that you have low self-esteem and are really down on yourself much of the time, but that doesn't actually make you pathetic or weak or anything else.

(And I did read your giant post - it fills in a lot of gaps from your earlier posts where you just made references to incidents, but weren't always clear about what happened or why they were significant to you. Thanks!)

15 guys is a drop in the bucket compared to the number of eligible guys out there. If you give up trying to find a bf, then, of course, you probably won't find one.

As far as Nick goes, though. Nothing you've said in this thread indicates that he would want to do anything more with you than hook up, as well. And with the terrible way he tends to treat you (mentally and emotionally), even if you had some type of actual romantic or sexual relationship with him, don't you think it would only cause you more anguish than you are already experiencing? Can't you just treat Nick as a co-worker and leave all the personal stuff out of your daily interactions with him?

I know. I know. That's easy for me to say. But the discussions you've had with virtually everyone on this thread seem to keep leading to the same conclusion.

So, then, let me ask this simple question: What do You want to do about Nick?

#35 Quantumreality, Oct 1, 2016
  16. StarHealer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I was initially going to talk to him, soon. Have that "heart to heart". I was going to really just be straight forward and ask him if he has feelings for me. I figured he'd freak out or say "he did" and that would be that.

Now with the whole girlfriend thing. . . It just left me feeling empty and like I don't care anymore.

I feel I have a responsibility to my co-workers to try and make the work situation more bearable. That's more why I'd want to talk to him now. Just to try to just clear the air and move on. Hopefully there's closure and he can stop being so angry for whatever reason.

My friend said that I should talk to him, but my whole intent with it has been drained, now that I see that he's just a massive fraud.

I think I need to move to another country and start all over again. Lol.

17. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey Star - interesting story - lots of advice already posted, but one thing that stands out reading your posts on this: you want to ask him if you're in a relationship, if you're a thing, a couple, etc... wouldn't that be up to BOTH of you to determine?

In a nutshell, seems to me you're both using passive-aggressive behavior to deal with a situation where you're both a bit confused as to what roles you should be playing, how you should behave according to some unknown rulebook. Two guys going to see a movie (esp. a horror genre) isn't by default a "date" unless you both want it to be.

Do you think maybe it would be more productive if you asked him how HE saw the situation and then you explained how YOU saw it, and work out some sort of agreement, whatever that is, then move on separately or together?

One thing that dawned on me reading the whole thing: people need to have safe words for those playing hard to get situations :wink:.

18. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course, that wouldn’t be practical, Starhealer. LOL!

It sounds like you really do need to resolve this issue with Nick one way or the other for you own peace of mind. Wouldn’t you agree? It would seem that you have little chance of finding a real bf as long you play this game with Nick and hold on to your emotional attachment to him.

Exactly, your interpersonal relationship with Nick is spilling over into the office, based on what you wrote, and is causing issues there. Would you be able to talk to a supervisor in advance and let them know about how uncomfortable this situation is making you and that you want to talk to Nick directly to try to resolve it? I know it is basically none of your supervisor’s business, but if Nick were to make a scene at work sometime after you talked to him, your Supervisor would at least know in advance what was going on and not assume that both you and he were to blame. (Thus potentially protecting your job, if things got bad.)

Also, have you thought about some counseling? It’s harder for us to evaluate and recommend things to you when all we really know about you is what you post here. But a counselor can get to know you personally and offer much more specific support and advice for getting over Nick and moving on with your life.

Best of luck!

19. StarHealer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If I bring up anything like that, it'll become a corporate issue and a huge investigation will be launched. I'm just a regular sales guy, he and my friend are both upper management. I can go to my friend, but there's a point where she'd have to go to corporate with it. So I have to be careful.

I'm going to talk to him, but my intention is now based solely on trying to just move on. I'm pretty overwhelmed by it all and I think we both have massive issues that we have which bring out the worst in each other. (In fairness, when it was good it was very good.)

I'm going to very very calmly just talk to him. I'm actually pretty good at that believe it or not.

I have massive issues with people in the psychology field. My mother has a PH D in Psychology. . . I feel they are all frauds.

#39 StarHealer, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  20. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand, StarHealer.

I hope everything goes well for you, regardless!

Take Care!:slight_smile: