1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Watson42, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Watson42

Hi,

So my name is Alex and I'm a little confused about my gender identity. I recently didn't know the extent to which gender could exist. I'm biologically a girl, however as a kid I made myself look like a guy; like having short hair, refusing to dress in girls clothes and going by another, more masculine name when meeting people I didn't know. When I hit puberty and begun to develop, my 'top' didn't really bother me, but the 'bottom' really messed me up, I hated getting my period and I was kind of disgusted by the entire function of my vagina and still am. I often wished to have male anatomy, beyond it being easier. I continued to wear masculine clothes, however from the 'girls' area. I'm 18 and I only bought my first dress last year, which was for a wedding. I rarely wear dresses, preferring to wear jeans.

I was originally thinking that I might be trans but I probably don't have the commitment to go through with it, however if I was magic I would love to have the end result of being a guy but be able to switch back with ease if I didn't want to be a guy anymore. I then thought genderfluid but I'm not sure, because when I tried it out it just wasn't sitting right with me.

So I'm not really sure what I am and was wondering if anyone could help?

Thanks.

2. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's a whole load of other non binary genders so maybe another one might feel better? I started off a lot like you and I know it took me a long time to find something that fit right. Or, you could just be a gender non-conforming girl.
    My first step would certainly be to look at nonbinary genders and see how they make me feel, I'd also use them as a guide to gauge how I fit myself in masculinity and femininity. For me, I was really lost until I found demigenders and then I knew I was on the right path.
    Good luck ~ Seth

3. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've settled on bigender. I don't entirely feel male or female though I lean more female overall.

Just give this issue some time. Maybe your internal sense of gender isn't lining up with your body. Maybe you just don't conform to stereotypes. Don't stress out about it too much.

4. Watson42

Thank you both for helping and encouraging me. I will keep looking at others that might fit better :slight_smile: