1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel I'm being punished...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by ThatGirlShauna, Aug 25, 2016.

1. ThatGirlShauna

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you ever feel like you're being punished for the choices you made in life?

I chose to get married (to a man) at a young age... and it turns out I'm a lesbian, and now I'm leaving my husband of ten years to fully embrace who I am.

I chose to stay home with my children instead of pursue education and/or a career... and now that I NEED a job, it's been so long since I've worked, and I have no post-secondary degree, I've become irrelevant and unwanted.

I chose to embrace who I am and my sexuality and now I am in a place where I am unable to get a job, and will be unable to financially provide for my children, and I feel like I'm either at the brink of everything falling into place or everything falling apart.

There is so much HOPE in front of me, but all I'm feeling right now is despair. I just need a freaking job!

2. xClemKrczx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to think like that. But now I try to take the advise my mother gave me for a long time and never really listened to which is take things and learn from them.
    There was a quote, I don't remember it quite well but it goes something like "for every path you choose, there is another you must abandon"
    I don't think you're being punished, I believe there's a right time for everything. Of course, not getting a job can have you thinking you did something wrong but give it time. In the meanwhile, have you exhaust all possibilities and options searching for a job?

Hope it helps... (*hug*)

3. ThatGirlShauna

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, Clem. I've just applied at the coffee shops and McDonald's, so I've about exhausted all my options. I know in my heart something will work out, but it's so hard because I also need to take care of my kids, and I worry about being a good provider.

4. ThreeBears3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Many hugs, let us know if you need advice. This resonates with me. Really. I hope you find everything you're looking for.

5. Really

Hey, if you like I can write up my How To for finding jobs. I've helped a handful of people in the past, in various fields. It's a generic method that anyone can use. If you tell me what industry's you're interested in, I can write it up with you in mind otherwise, I'll just make up an example.

I can also mock up a covering letter, too. Not to brag but someone once told me their hiring manager said it was the best one they've ever seen. :icon_bigg

6. Butterfly2016

You amazing, sweet, strong lady. I'm proud of you for taking the big step to getting back to being who you truly are. Wish I could do the same. I have a job now. Its kinda slow, but at least its a start. I just need the courage to come out to my husband. I'm just afraid of being left to take care of myself before I'm ready. But you, you had guts and courage. You're gonna be fine :slight_smile:

7. ThatGirlShauna

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That would actually be amazing! I could use all the help I can get!

---------- Post added 25th Aug 2016 at 04:47 PM ----------

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. It's been a hard day, and I really really needed to read that. Thank you.

8. Really

Ok. Give me a couple of days to draft it up offline. :thumbsup:

9. Really

Hi ThatGirlShauna, I've posted it over here. Hope it helps!