1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What new video games do young people play these days?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Robert, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like Im really falling behind. I bought a PS4 at the start of the year but every game I play on it seems to fall short... Im sort of waiting for Battlefield 1 but Im expecting that to let me down too as that seems to be the trend.

And every time I ask someone my age what I should play they always tell me I should play some old and obscure indie game. I dont want to play little indie games. I want to play blockbuster games! I want to feel like I did when COD4 came out! Maybe I will never feel excited when playing a game again :frowning2: Help me people of EmptyClosets... You are my only hope.

What are the young gamers playing these days? :help:

#1 Robert, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  2. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

Uh...well I'm playing Pokemon X and Pokeman Omega Ruby right now, anticipating for the release of Sun and Moon, but that's for the 3DS, so. Oxenfree is a great game that I think is for the PS4 as well as PC. It's an indie game, but sometimes indies games are the best games. It's got an amazing story, well developed characters, excellent voice actors and the best art style I've seen in a game.

#2 Shadstack, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're talking about new non-indie games I'm not the biggest in that department, but I'm kind of wondering about Star Fox Zero and Pokémon Moon. I don't want to get my hopes up and overhype them though.

Still hoping that one day we get a game more like New Vegas but even better and more finished.

4. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A lot of people play games like Destiny and Overwatch as well as GTA. I really don't play any of them except GTA but Destiny isn't too bad with friends just gets boring after awhile (it did for me at least).

5. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mainly play on PC and a little Xbox 360.

But i usually play a mix of CSGO, Civ 5, Minecraft (sad i know), assorted COD titles and a lot of Day of Infamy.

What platform do you play your games on?

6. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the help so far guys :slight_smile:

Playstation

#6 Robert, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  7. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In terms of games that aren't indie/obscure on PS4, Overwatch is pretty big right now. Along with the Dark Souls/Demon Souls games, but those seem like a beast to play and I'd rather not tackle them right now. Fallout 4 is on the PS4 and that one's great. The developers at Naughty Dog know how to make a good game as well, with the Uncharted series now being available on PS4 (all four games too!!) and The Last of Us being one of my favorite games of all time.

Those few have been out for a while now, so hopefully they won't cost you as much as some of the other titles out there!

8. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For a PS4, some of the most common games that I've heard of people playing are Overwatch, Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne, and Street Fighter V. Be warned though, as is with the souls series, Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 are difficult.

I myself don't have a PS4. So I'm going based off of other people I've seen play games/what I would play with other people who have a PS4 (I used to go over to a friend's house with a group and we'd all rotate by death on Bloodborne).

9. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided came out the other day and I am loving it. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.