1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we talk about Stranger Things?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GodlyArmadillo, Aug 24, 2016.

1. GodlyArmadillo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just finished watching this series last night and it was instant love since episode 1! I hope for a second season that is as good as the first.

2. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I keep hearing a lot about the show, my brother keeps telling me to watch it. I just renewed my Netflix a couple of days ago and I plan to watch it.

#2 Blood Elf, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  3. LeticiaTheLesbo

IT'S SO GOOD! I'm obsessed!!! Personally I think Barb is a great character ad all but I think she's getting too much hype kinda.

4. GodlyArmadillo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to see you guys back in this thread when you're done watching! :slight_smile:

5. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

If you haven't gotten to watch it yet, then go watch it! You won't regret it! It's a great show...it's creepy and unique. I won't give anything away about it, but it's seriously worth a watch. I'm hoping there's a season 2 eventually. :icon_bigg

6. AmyBee

I watched it last week and my partner and I are watching it, first time for her. It is SO GOOD!

7. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yesssss. I just binge watched the entire thing and it's the highest quality television I've had the pleasure of watching in quite a long time. Superb, in a nutshell. This is one instance that I can wholeheartedly agree with the critics. Just the right touch of retro scifi horror/suspense.
    I'm frankly amazed that a streaming service managed to create something so damn good. Amazon's The Man in the High Castle is positively tepid in comparison.

8. ghostly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I loved it!

#8 ghostly, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  9. YeahpIdk

It's a total Spielberg not by Spielberg, but was beautifully designed and had great acting. Those kids are amazing - the one who plays Dustin is hilarious. I'm pretty excited for a second season.

The first few eps I was a bit confused and not that into, and by the second to last ep I was like, NO DONT END!!

#9 YeahpIdk, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  10. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been avoiding this thread in fear of spoilers, but I just binged the last four episodes yesterday. :grin: SO GOOD! I need a second season immediately.

11. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I loved it, watched every episode in like 5 days, cant wait for next season. I love the early 80s scifi theme, sort or reminds me of ET.

Hop sure can lay down the justice.

12. LeticiaTheLesbo

Winnona Rider was amazing as usual!

13. AmyBee

Yes, I was so excited for Winona! There was this one moment where she rejects what everyone was so certain about and I know her character has these issues with people thinking she's crazy (and that goes back to even before the show started, because her son talks about her having had "anxiety issues" in the past and people seem kind of leery about her overall)...

Anyway, she turns around and physically pushes their ideas away with her hands with this look of pure disgust and anger on her face. Of course it turns out she's right, but at the same time there's this idea that everyone is just going to go, "There she goes again, acting all weird!" And you're not even sure if the character herself believes that, too, but she really can't help herself being this person. No matter what she does people are going to view her through that prism. She's resigned to that but she's still going to stick up for herself even if she's not entirely certain why.

It was just such an amazing moment because she WAS that person in that scene, just totally inhabiting her. She was every person I've ever met who was similar. It was just so real and even though a lot of the performance may come across as flashy to some people watching (at least I've read that from Winona-doubters) to me she's totally authentic in that part. I KNOW people like her. I really do!

So to me, she nails it.

14. AmyBee

They just announced the second season officially and included a teaser trailer!

15. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

Yay! :love:

16. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like I'm way too excited over a teaser trailer that's essentially just episode titles but there were NINE and I'm so ready.

17. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've seen the first episode of the first season, I'm not really hooked on it but it doesn't look too bad.

18. AmyBee

I feel EXACTLY the same way! I was practically cheering as each one appeared!

---------- Post added 2nd Sep 2016 at 11:46 AM ----------

It gets even better.

19. Embi

Embi Guest

I am still surprised that I love this show so much! Because it's with kids as main characters and I don't really like kids. But they are so adorable. El is my favourite character, but I also really love Joyce, she's a great mother.The whole storyline is great. Also the slight creepiness is something I really love about it. Can't wait for the next season!

20. Gallatin

What an awesome show. Very glad that they're going to make a second season.