1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She got angry at me while talking dirty

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by caliwoman, Aug 23, 2016.

1. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I was speaking in a sexual manner to a woman the other day (not phone sex) when she was describing what she would do to me.

She'd pause occasionally and during that time, I'd say "mmmmm hmmmm" or "okay" in a sexy voice to let her know I was still on the line. At one point she takes a pause and I say "mmmmm hmmmm" and she kinda snaps at me, "Can you please stop trying to control the conversation!!!
    Can I have my say?!!!"

I've had phone sex many times. I've done the "mmmmm hmmmm" or "ok" thing during everyone of those times and never had such a reaction.

We abruptly stopped at that point. Her reaction took me aback. I asked her to explain and she said I was trying to dictate the conversation by interrupting her and that she was going to stop now. I didn't interrupt her once. My mmmm hmmm's and okay's were barely audible because I was (trying) to say them in a breathy, sexy way to assure her we hadn't been disconnected and that I was still there (plus liked what she was saying).

Would it have thrown you too, as much as it threw me?

I guess it wouldn't be the first time her reaction stopped me dead in my tracks. The night before during a misunderstanding, she angrily said, "STOP IT!!!!! WON'T YOU JUST STOP IT!!!!" I hadn't even said much. I do remember telling her, "You're talking to me like I'm your underling. Your employee. I'm not even sure if you'd speak to an employee that way and I don't like it."

We get along so well most of the time and then she does weird stuff like that. It completely throws me off.

2. smurf

That is two red flags for you. It sounds like anger management issues and not being able to communicate effectively. Two big red flags for a successful relationship, of any kind.

I would try to talk to her about it and that you really don't like how she expresses her frustration or anger towards you. She needs to figure out a better way to communicate.

If she gets mad at you for bringing it up or tries to defend her actions with "I wouldn't get so mad if" or "I can't control it" type of responses, then its time to let go.

3. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah. ^Agreed^

4. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also agree with smurf. Also is this the same crazy woman you were dating earlier? Who already gave you 500 red flags?

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, this woman sounds like bad news. She has too many issues that SHE needs to work on and alone. I'd stir clear if I were you...

#5 pinklov3ly, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  6. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also agree she sounds like bad news. If this is the same woman you've posted about before, I really wonder why you're still pursuing her. It sounds like many of your interactions turn negative. Remember there shold be on average at least 5 good interactions for every bad interaction in order to have a healthy relationship.

7. Crepy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yea I kinda have to agree this doesn't sound like the kind of behaviour you wouldn't want from a live partner.

8. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thx everyone.

It is the same woman. We had one last convo and it went really well, so gave it another shot. Then the same issues crop up, plus she still needs a lot of reassurances. The same type of issues seem to crop up, but she said its me "being in my head." Since that's true, I can be that way, I tried to not worry so much. The issues have continued, obviously.

I was wishy washy last time and didn't want to cut her out based on how well we got along, but I'm exhausted and even though we get along, the red flags have reared their head again.

I've since blocked her on my cell.

---------- Post added 23rd Aug 2016 at 10:07 AM ----------

I give some people wayyyyy to many chances and I don't like to hurt feelings. I do need to be more protective of myself.

9. Crepy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally know the feeling I too don't like to hurt people's feelings. Yet sometimes for our own interest we have to. You're the most important thing you should be looking out for indeed.

10. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally agree with smurf...RED FLAGS!!!!...everyone that I've been with especially in a relationship has talked dirty to me when they would call and they expected the same from me. I LOVE Dirty Talk whether its on the phone or while being intimate with that special someone. Although there are some people who are uncomfortable with it but it does not need to come to blows as this person displayed.

11. BenFreeman

12. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad you blocked her. She has issues, and is not for you.