1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Trump Says that Vaccines Cause Autism

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by KaySee, Aug 20, 2016.

?

What has been your typical view or thoughts?

1. Autism is caused by vaccines

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Autism is an epidemic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Autism is a myth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Autism can be trained out of someone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Autism is different

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CoderK

I now hold the belief that Trump isn't an actual person. I believe that he is actually 5 gnomes of different sizes who learned about the internet yesterday through a really racist and ignorant 40 year old on Facebook.

In all seriousness, what the fuuuuuuuuu******?

2. lliterallly

why are people so afraid of autism? why are people so afraid of their kids being different? honestly, any sane person would take their child being autistic over dead any day.

3. Solid Snake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It must be devastating. The idea that your life-ruining social hinderence could've easily been avoided the whole time if you simply skipped having a shot as a kid. You could've had a normal life all along. Trust me, I know. I wouldn't blame you for finding it hard to accept.

According to my mother, I was growing up just fine, learning words at the rate any kid would. That is, until I had a vaccine. Ever since then, I've been awfully quiet, and I started learning things at a slower rate. (BTW before you say anything, she told me this back when she was a liberal.) She also heard similar things happen to some her friends' children.

But what I find most infuriating is that nobody's looking for a cure. Instead, they're covering their ass, saying that "There's nothing wrong with autism! The increase in reports is simply because we're discovering it easier!", thus creating a narrative saying that trying to cure autism is offensive.

4. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find it devastating that people think my life is over from the beginning because I am autistic, because of my "life-ruining social hinderence." I find it devastating that people would rather their children die then be autistic. I find it devastating that people are stupid enough to overlook the fact that autism isn't that new a thing and people who aren't vaccinated have autism.

I find it devastating that people think they can somehow "cure" a neurological disorder, which if were possible would completely change the person being "cured." Because who they are is seen as a bad thing. And maybe curing wouldn't be so offensive if it didn't literally say that who I am needs to be cured.

5. Solid Snake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ah, my apologies. I should've known that using the word "you" would make the OP think I was talking directly to him, specifically.

Anyway, the whole point of my post is that I wish I didn't have autism, and that the idea that it could've easily been avoided the whole time makes it all the more frustrating. Nothing good has come of it, so you're damn right I'd like for there to be a cure.

On a side note: Judging from what I've read, I wouldn't exactly recommend you to peruse a career in politics. However if you put your mind to it, then maybe, just maybe, you could become a novice poet.

6. Andrea7579

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This whole story that vaccines cause autism is total nonsense which has been debunked many times. But the story is out there and people keep recycling it even though the original source was investigated and proven to be a fake. Autism and vaccines have nothing to do with each other.