1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ways to be More Feminine?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Hizaki, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Hizaki

Hi everyone! I've always been a person with a lot of masculine traits, but I'd like to have some ideas to work with as I transition into presenting as a girl for longer periods of time. I know it isn't always encouraged to "change yourself", but I like to think of it as more like adding to myself, instead. For example, I listen to black metal (m), but I also figured out a while back that I love synthpop (f), and sing along to both. :slight_smile:

But anyways, does anyone have any general tips for being a girl? Things that make me look/sound/act/feel more feminine? I already have a good wardrobe but suggestions of any sort would be great.

Gee, I started this with such a clear image of what I was asking for, but it's all blurry, now... Sorry.

2. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You could try copying the mannerisms, behavior, and styles of those that draw your attention.

3. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, if you already have the clothing tacked down. Let's see, you can wear perfume, wear make-up, grow your hair long (if you haven't already), and walk feminine. Just try acting more like women do in general.

Good luck.

4. Hizaki

I definitely need to walk more femininely. And perfume! I never think about that! Yes!

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heels. Walk in them. Practice. They help your hips move in a feminine manner. Don't stomp when you walk.

Don't sit with your legs wide. Cross them or keep your knees touching.

6. wolf of fire

One of the things I do, this may sound a little disturbing, is I mimic the mannerisms of Amanda Young in SAW 3 as she is so confident and feminine that I want to almost be her (apart from the whole Jigsaw apprentice thing)
    My advice watch a film or some TV and look for a moment when a women is confident and try to copy her, doesn't matter who, and practice that, when making a cup of tea reach for the box the same way Michelle Obama (to use an example) reaches for her notes during a speach. Something like that.

7. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll stomp if I want to! :lol:

But yeah I agree with this. Walk like you are walking everywhere on a balance beam.

8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fuck gender stereotypes.

9. Hizaki

That's very good advice! I don't have many idols, let alone women I want to be like... But I should be more wary of that.

I have a couple questions about the leg-crossing thing. I'm fairly flexible for a male (I do taekwondo, and lots of stretching), but crossing my legs doesn't work well for me, so I'm always stuck with knees together (which hurts a little). If I cross them at the ankles, I tend to slouch and let my shoulders drop wide, but if I cross them at the knees, my hips and knees end up hurting sooooo much! I think it might be because my hips aren't particularly wide to begin with. Anyways, the questions are: do hips widen from sitting like that?/does it become more comfortable than an empty, cracked feeling? Does HRT affect the hips other than just the fat (doubt it but maybe please?)?

#9 Hizaki, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  10. anthracite

anthracite Guest

About the music taste: There are lots of hot metal girls! So you might wanna look into that kind of style? It's mostly skinny jeans, lipstick and high heels.