1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forgave them only to be slapped in the face

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SpaceOddity, Aug 20, 2016.

1. SpaceOddity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever forgiven someone for something (that was quite heinous) only to have that person come back and just do it all over again? Because that's what I'm dealing with now and tomorrow it is costing me my job because this person who I'm turning my Back on works in my studio and I can't be in that environment anymore.

Myself, along with the rest of this person's closest friends have no choice and are doing the same thing. We all tried to get help for him for months and it's gotten to the point of where one very bad night that made me make this choice was he came over and got intoxocated and then tried to masturbate on front of me while my boyfriend was sleeping. I told him to pull up his pants or get out. After that I hear a knock at my door and a stranger barges in who I don't know that he invited over without my permission and offers to perform oral sex on him in my living room. So I was furious and kicked them both out. As he was leaving he smoked a cigarette in the elevator which almost resulted in us getting an eviction notice.

I told him never to come back and to only talk to each other at work. A week later I'm working in my home studio around noon and he shows up at my door and he's wasted. I let him in so he doesn't make a scene and disturb my neighbours. I try again to get him help, no dice. Then my boyfriend gets home and he goes after him and tries to assault him. So I did what I had to do and I physically removed him from the property and made potential consequences clear if he ever came back.

Pretty much we have to resort to getting a restraining order now. I lost my studio. And our circle of friends is no longer anything. It sucks and I'm furious and hurt that someone would be so cruel.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you're making the right call. A restraining order, or at the very least calling the police if he ever shows up again, is entirely appropriate. I wouldn't let him in your home ever again.

The only thing I'd suggest is, would it be possible to get him removed from the studio, rather than leaving your own job? I can't imagine that any employer would want this person working for them.

3. SpaceOddity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I could have had him removed instead of me but he had higher seniority despite his antics, no matter how unfair that may be..