1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst movies

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GayBatman, Aug 19, 2016.

1. meistro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    meet the Spartans, that awful parody of 300, there were a couple of funny parts but I can't stand parodies

2. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thunderbirds (2004) :tantrum:

3. Glowing Eyes

Ayrıca reloaded
    So boring it made the third movie look good

4. Glowing Eyes

Damn autocorrect, I meant the Matrix Reloaded.

5. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :lol:

For some reason this reminds me how much I hated those Barbie movies that would play on Nickelodeon back to back. It felt like a lifetime waiting for those to be over.

6. WhiteWinter

Middle School: The worst years of my life. It didn't really follow through the book

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Flowers in the attic.

8. purplepuppy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really didn't like Beetlejuice, the character made no sense to me and just seemed so fake. I haven't seen it but I hear the Human Centipede is pretty shitty.... I'm sorry I had to.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, children. You're all so innocent with your Matrix: Reloadeds and movie parodies. Because you are living in a time when truly bad movies don't ever make it to the movie theater. Oh, sure, they can be boring or painfully unfunny. But they're never all-capital-letters BAD. So bad that they're literally painful to watch.

At age eight or nine, I was taken to the movie theater. If memory serves, we were supposed to see the Disney movie The Rescuers. Not one of their better efforts (the late 1970s and 1980s were not a great time for Disney), but a pleasant enough animated feature for the time. But for some reason or another, they were not showing The Rescuers at that theater. Instead, they showed us another movie. The name of this monstrosity? The Magic Christmas Tree.

Here is the plot. Three children exchange sandwiches. This part goes on for about ten minutes, and for no apparent reason. If I remember correctly, one of the sandwiches is a salami sandwich. Two of the children leave, and one helps an old woman get her cat Lucifer out of a tree. As a reward, the old woman gives the boy a ring. He follows her directions and buries the ring in his backyard. The next morning, boom -Christmas tree. The tree grants the child three wishes. One is that he own Santa Claus. Next thing you know, boom - Santa is in his living room. Another wish is that he control time and space. The tree grants that wish as well, which is indicated by showing fire trucks going forward and backward. Then he makes his third wish, which is...well, I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise. You'll have to see for yourself.

Oh, and there's another five-minute segment where the boy's father tries to mow the lawn. And there's a giant. And a turtle. And then the tree is growing somewhere else. And the tree tells the kid that there's a little bit of magic in every Christmas tree.

The movie never ends, but there finally comes a time when it is over.

[youtube]GY_gLpfsByY[/youtube]

Bonus bit of weirdness. The movie came out in 1964, but it was at least 1978 when I saw it in the theater. What the hell?

Lex

#49 Lexington, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017