1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girls winking at Girls

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dobby, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Dobby

Out Status:
    A few people
    why do girls wink at girls?

is it because they detect gay vibes? is it normal?

why do straight girls wink at girls?

I have been winked at by 2 women in the past month...once whilst I was working at a wedding (by the bride) and once by a waitress when i was eating out..it makes me so confused and have an idiotic smile on my face (esp. because at least one of them was straight).

2. AllAlison

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you were eating out the waitress then thats not that strange :grin:

Dunno whever it happens to me they're gay so cant help there. Unless you live near a lot of spies...

3. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wink at one of my friends and he winks at me to screw with his GF

4. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A bride at her own wedding winked at you? That's not a good sign for whoever she's marrying.

Also, as a bio male, I feel weird about winking at anyone. Something about it coming from a guy feels creepy. Though I do smile at people sometimes.

5. PrettyinPunk

Its different if you know the person. A girl who considers herself straight may wink and flirt with a straight friend/acquaintance and it's just platonic. I don't know about strangers though, I mean they can't all be interested in other women right? Or maybe they are.

I'd like to know cause It happens to me a lot too. In fact I think I've been winked at by more women than men.:lol:

6. idefygravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have no idea why it happens, but I totally get what you mean.

There is a friend of mine who is a little older than me and super comfortable with her sexuality. She knows I'm not completely and I think winks at me to try to make me uncomfortable or something.

Anyone else who does it I'm completely clueless about. I never wink, more like smile and wave awkwardly, haha.

7. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

I don't think I've ever been winked at as an attempt to flirt or anything, but I know people who do it just as a casual friendly interaction. My mom is the straightest person I know, and she winks at people. But it's not sexual in any way, it's either because she's made a cheeky joke or if she's being sarcastic and wants to make it clear that she's kidding, so she winks. Or she'll use it as an acknowledgement of someone...like a greeting? I think for some people winking is just a social reflex, and others use it to flirt...it's hard to tell haha. :shrug:

I'm not a winker, personally. I have the worst flirting skills. But I'm more of the type to establish some sort of eye contact and then try to gauge the emotions/level of interest of the girl, then I'll smile at her. I also pay compliments, which usually don't get taken as attempts at flirting haha. I'm a really low-key shy kind of flirter. But I've always admired women who can just openly hit on other girls (respectfully).

One time, some years ago before I was at terms with my sexual orientation, I was dating a guy; the first and only boyfriend I've ever had lol. We were at a farmers market downtown, and I was helping him move boxes & crates. And this cute chick walks by me, checks me out up and down, flips her hair all playful-like, and says to me, "Hey there, gorgeous." And I was pleasantly stunned for a second before I decided to be flirty. So I slammed down a heavy crate all smooth-like, and I smiled at her and replied, "Hey yourself." And she just giggled and swayed her hips as she walked by, and she turned back to look at me a couple times hahaha. My at the time boyfriend was a little upset and confused, but his lesbian friend who was with us was really amused haha. :grin:

That's really the most flirting I've done. I've actually been shy the past couple of years that I've been trying to come out and become more comfortable with who I am. But my confidence is starting to build, so maybe I should get back to flirting around lol. Who knows, maybe I'll even try a wink or two haha. :sunglasses:

#7 Shoei Loei, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2016
  8. idontknow12

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Probably just how girls are. Straight girls are more affectionate to other girls than straight guys are to other guys. I don't know what it is, but girls don't seem to mind appearing gay as much as guys do. Maybe guys are under pressure to appear more masculine so they try not to do anything that appears even remotely gay because it's 'unmanly'. I don't know.

9. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest, a wink can mean quite a few things. But most of it seems to be like a "there's something we know that they all don't, right?" Whether that thing nobody else knows is that you just cheated on a test or that the two of you are actually super interested in one another. But I probably read way too much into it.

All I know is that if a hot girl were to wink at me after saying something flirty, I would probably turn the color of a fire hydrant from blushing. :lol: