1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transman and Berlin

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nikil, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Nikil

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hey there,

i have some kind of tough situation. I have to move to Berlin because of studying for bank clerk, but i was wondering do my co workers and chief are gonna make problem that im transman i mean does someone expirienced that with the uniform or sort of? I am really worried about that. I would appreciate any answer and advice ! Oh, and does somebody know of transman groups in Berlin, or transgenderclinic ?

Thank you so much!
    P.S. i am sorry for my bad english

2. GenderSciFi

For all of your worries, you can contact triq* (TransInterQueer) Berlin. Also you will find more specific stuff in german on the forum of TransMann e.V. There's also info on doctors etc. on there. Write on my board (in german if you want) if you need more advice.:icon_wink

---------- Post added 16th Aug 2016 at 12:52 PM ----------

Also: I have no idea about how it's going to be like in a professional work environment because mine involves wearing tanktops and sandals, but I'm positive it's going to be fine(ish). Could you talk to the staff management section of your bank before you start and figure out together how you can dress and and how people are going to treat you gender-wise?

3. Nikil

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you so much! You helped me a lot! :slight_smile:

4. AaronV

I would also recommend the ftm-portal, that's where I used to get all my information and they have different recommendations for therapists and stuff. As far as I know, specific transgenderclinics do not exist over here.

On Berlin in general, people are pretty relaxed over here, I think you will be fine if you talk to the management. :slight_smile:

5. Nikil

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you so much ! :slight_smile: