1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever wonder if someone in your family is secretly in the closet?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RainbowsFactory, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Burnedcloset

I'm actually getting a vide from someone in my family lately who's younger.

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Strangely enough, my grandmother wonders if my older brother is gsy. I just think he enjoys being a bachelor. Plus, he doesn't give off any vibe. Now my younger brother on the other hand is giving off some vibe and it's kind of strong. only time will tell though...

3. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom is either gay and unwilling to accept it or asexual. My sister and I have always suspected she is gay because she is strangely homophobic while otherwise open-minded about everything else (including transgender people). She is trying to change her views on homosexuality since I came out to her, will be interesting to see if it leads to a revelation of her own. :lol:

She quit dating men in her 20s and never looked back, always saying they aren't worth it. The richest man in Finland even asked her out and she turned him down. :rolle:

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My gaydar flashes full rainbows at my step-uncle's one son. He is married to a woman, and they have a daughter together, but I think it's all just for show (She's his beard). He has flamboyant mannerisms, the gay lisp and drinks wine. I know this is full of stereotypes, but I've even told my parents and they agree that he's probably closeted (Note, they are big homophobes). So if THEY think so, then there's probably little doubt. He just has to figure it out for himself, lol.

5. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I have wondered--although the more common question in my mind is whether I have relatives who are LGBT. (This would seem to be covered by the "closeted" question. But it's possible to be in deep denial, simply not know, or understand that one is gay. Such a person isn't, in my mind, closeted, at least as far as hiding sexual orientation from the world.)

This said...there are people in the family who never married. I have wondered about them. I know my mother wondered about some of them, as well.

Of course...who knows with the others? It is entirely possible for a gay person to be married to an opposite sex spouse. We see that all the time here on EC.

6. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes. As a kid, I was convinced that one of my close cousins was "the gay cousin" in our family. Or bisexual. He did date girls throughout high school but he didn't have the best relationships with them. His parents are manipulative and homophobic. He went as far away from home for college as he could, just like me.

7. BelieveinLove94

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, I have a cousin that everyone in the family thinks he might be gay. My grandma actually thought her female cousin was gay when she was a teenager but her cousin married a man so we don't know. My dads brother, my uncle, is gay. I do think my family wonders if I'm gay, lol they would be right

8. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have one cousin who came out to me as bisexual and another who, well, I think he's in denial. There's another on my dad's side who's deeply closeted. I'm pretty sure there's at least one more out there lurking, because it really does run in the family.

9. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've always wondered about my older brother considering he would have sex with guys as a *fling*. However I'm pretty sure he just liked having sex.

10. Misadori

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My cousin is a lesbian and she's married today with her wife and have two lovely children^^

Although, it would be interestin' to hear if someone else turned out to carry a secret for a very long time like I've done. Perhaps things would be easier for me to come out in that case and that someone is somebody that stands close to me:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, the way she talks to me about liking [celebrity] women makes me think she's bisexual.

12. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, but I do have cousins who are openly gay.

13. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One time, I was looking at my sister's Twitter account. In one post, she mentioned being attracted to multiple genders. So, she was either bisexual or pansexual, and she didn't know I knew. So, it felt kind of weird knowing that before she came out. She eventually most likely came out to me. It was at a pride event, and it was really loud and I have trouble hearing anyway, so she mentioned something to my friend about the flag she was holding (the bisexual flag), then said "I thought you already knew" to me.

My family is also pretty sure that my cousin (well, really my dad's cousin who is a little older than me) is gay.

#33 Rowe, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  14. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

I think that's something my family probably wonders about me haha...As the saying goes, "I'm the rainbow sheep of the family" haha. Only my mom knows, but I'm sure the rest of my family have their suspicions. I do have two second cousins on my mom's side of the family who are gay (they're brothers). I'm not close to them though, so in my immediate family, it's just me who's gay. I'm the resident rainbow lol. :newcolor:

15. idontknow12

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I dunno. I rarely see my extended family because they all live at least an hour and a half from me but if someone was I'm guessing my twin sister would be aromantic because she says that she never had a crush before except on fictional characters and never wants to talk about crushes. But she could just feel embarrassed about talking about who she has a crush on. She said that she doesn't like others talking about crushes because it's too girly and boring.