1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever wonder if someone in your family is secretly in the closet?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RainbowsFactory, Aug 15, 2016.

1. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I mean, I am pretty sure that every family has very likely at least one lgbtq+ person. Ever wonder if someone you know is closeted? :slight_smile:

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to think one of my relatives was until I saw him watching a Victoria Secret fashion show :lol: Guess he could still be bi or something.

3. Formality

I'm the only one in my immediate family, however at least 2 of my relatives are gay. My aunt and my second cousin.

I don't doubt that everyone has at least 1 somewhat close relative that is lgbt, unless they have a really small family. It wouldn't even surprise me if more of my relatives were lgbt.

4. faustian1

Oh, I wondered all right.

If I had to pick the one I'd loved to have seen outed as gay, it would be the uncle who was the most racist, anti-homosexual, disgusting troll of pre-internet times. He loved stirring the shit. It would have given me the kind of satisfaction, that comes from the expose of a conservative politician who turns out to be a client of some crack-smoking male prostitute. It's satisfying, because all the moral lectures come to an end, in such an entertaining way.

Of course I never suspected anyone. I would have been the last to know anyway.

5. Xochipilli

I like watching those scantily clad angels strut around! They're gorgeous!

I have one uncle who never paired off and never had children. I know that doesn't really mean anything, but when he's the only one out of 18 siblings... It raises some eyebrows.
    And he's funny! And pretty cool. So it's not like he's an asshole that everyone avoids.

6. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you really watch those shows? I'm always fascinated by gay guys who still love boobs.... I say being bi. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have thought about it a few times in my life but not really often. There's been a couple of people who I thought could possibly be gay but that's about it.

8. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Haha I've always wondered since I have so many cousins. Most of them are older and have started dating so most of them (so far) are less likely. I do have one cousin in college though.. Otherwise it's still possible that my youngest cousin is:slight_smile: Or maybe I'm just the queer cousin.

---------- Post added 15th Aug 2016 at 08:37 PM ----------

Well you know what they say about extremely homophobic people :slight_smile: (in denial perhaps?)

9. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have. I'm just waiting for them to come out ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

10. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My uncle still hasn't gotten married. I asked him why once, and he said he'd only date someone with a beard. (:confused:)

I don't think he's gay though, because he could easily come out and be accepted, which he hasn't done. I think he was joking (I'm bad with recognizing humor sometimes).

I have lesbian aunts (married). ^^ So, I do know I'm not the only LGBT+ person in my family.

I have a really big family and I don't know a lot of the people in it, so there could easily be closeted folks in my family.

11. exist

exist Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think there may be someone else who's bisexual but mostly straight, they've sort of hinted at it. The rest I'm not sure... But don't think so. I have a pretty small family (8 people, including extended I'm in contact with).

#11 exist, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  12. L0ser

Sometimes I wonder if my sister is bi or gay. I don't have any proof or anything, but from some of her interactions and stuff I wouldn't be too surprised if she came out in a few years

13. AmyBee

Probably. I don't really know who it might be, though. I'm just thinking statistically there must be. I do wonder more about certain friends of mine, though. Just little things about myself when I was hiding it more and kind of hindsight lead me to think along those lines. But I'll never know for sure unless they tell me and I won't ask.

14. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not at all. The only person, who just recently came out to me as bisexual, is my cousin. Other than that, there is absolutely no one I wonder about. And my gaydar is pretty strong. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a cousin who's kinda butch, and I do get the feeling....but I don't know for sure.

16. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My father. My younger brother. Don't really have much contact with my extended family, but my uncle is a yes (he hasn't come out since he's religious and has a traditional family).

17. Ophane

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My family is very religious and usually talk less of the lgbtq+ community so it's hard for me to imagine any of them being in the closet

18. StarryNightsky

I always wonder why my older brother isn't dating seeing as he's old enough to be allowed to date and I'm not so there's a bit of jealousy but I might be looking into it way too much.

19. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Vaguely, but it's unlikely. The only chance is if one of my baby brothers turned out gay, but I wouldn't wish it on him because it isn't easy with this lot. The rest of my family is as straight as a ruler.

20. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My family is quite small, so I think I'm the only one. My Chinese female cousin, who was raised in France, met her Swedish boyfriend in Thailand, so I know she is not lesbian, and my other cousin, who is male and is staying in the US for college, is probably not gay. Everyone else is cisgender and straight.