1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has This Forum Bettered You?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayPugs, Aug 15, 2016.

1. GayPugs

I know this sounds kind of dumb but...

This forum and the people on here have really helped me through some dark times. After lots of agony, I've finally accepted myself for who I am and I think this forum helped me a lot to do that. Mostly because I have no friends in my real life...

My question is, has anyone else been bettered by this forum or helped through sadness?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say so. This site has helped me build a community, and made me not feel as alone. It's always nice to have a group of friends to lean on and not mind that I rant or vent so much.

3. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely helped with the whole alone thing. Cause it does help to know other people are going thru the same things.

Though I seem to give more advice than I ask for, but that is cool.

4. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    EC helped me accept myself and know I'm not the only one dealing with all these problems. I love the community. It's so supportive and welcoming, I'm really glad to have joined this forum. I also love to help others the best way I can, cheers me up c:

5. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's definitely helped me in some rough times. Outside of the internet, I don't really have anywhere I can talk freely about being transgender. I've been too busy to visit regularly for a while, but I'm glad this site exists.

6. thepandaboss

Well, considering I'm alive, in therapy, and out to everyone, I'd say yes.

7. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Yeah I think so. While I still deal with some, I think it's helped me to minimize internalized homophobia just seeing so many people in the lgbt+ community and seeing real people express themselves honestly, and challenging myself to open up and express my feelings and personal concerns honestly. Not to mention all the amazing people I've come to get to know more and just chat with:slight_smile:

8. Chrisr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is actually my first time back to this forum in almost a year, which blows my mind.
    A lot has changed, while some still remains the same. I remember coming here and being beside myself with emotion, but I was able to get true, valid, and heartening advice, which ultimately has helped me on my journey.
    Still isn't perfect, but I'm out and about and possibly happier than I've ever been thus far in my life. It's a good place.

9. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel like I've been inching closer to being a better person, educating myself and attempting to remedy my rather obvious flaws.

I'm the type who has to understand something before I can really sympathize, and I've learned a lot of things here that have furthered that. There's still a bit that's beyond me, but of course all can be learned with time.

10. killswitch0029

Yeah, it's nice to know there's people out there I can easily contact if needed

11. guitar

This forum has absolutely bettered me. It's broadened my knowledge and interaction with other LGBT people, and has given me invaluable advice and information regarding so many aspects of not only what it means to be gay and so forth, but just learning about different aspects of life in general. I'm grateful this place exists. Cheers everyone for making it a truly special place on the internet :slight_smile:

12. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes both as a whole and in terms of my orientation. If I didn't have this forum, there's no doubt i'd still be stuck in the hell that I was in about my orientation back when I first joined. I've grown a lot more to accepting my orientation as well as realizing that, while I may not fall under a lot of gay stereotypes, those don't actually matter and that my sexuality is still completely valid. I've also started to care way more about the LGBT community and truly appreciate the time I've spent on here. While it may not have been completely conflict free, the good moments have outweighed the bad ten-fold.

13. StarryNightsky

It's helped me before joining reading about how other people can be confused too and relating to other people so I'd say it has bettered me.

14. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This forum absolutely helped me better myself! :grin:

I got the support I needed, figured out my sexuality, and made a few friends. Overall, this site is very useful, resourceful, friendly and fun! :thumbsup:

15. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, yes it has. This is a good community and I'm a better man for it.

16. Jellal

Totally. I got to bounce ideas off of people and let them know how I was feeling, so I could then take those ideas and apply them to the people I know in real life. And plus I feel better knowing there are some people here who I have helped too.

17. Enjel

Enjel Guest

Oh! Most definitely! I haven't even been apart of EmptyClosets.com for very long, and I'm already noticing improvements. I tend to be shy around people, and I tend to keep to myself; this website has made it a lot easier to express myself. Thank you to the creators of EmptyClosets.com!!! :thumbsup:

18. Izi

Izi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe so! I have not been here long, but I have read a lot of threads and questions. It is comforting that I´m not alone.

19. Misadori

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm quite new too:slight_smile: I joined EC at the beginnin' of June this year and it didn't took long for me to feel that I've found the place I've been lookin' for for such a long time^^ Durin' weekends I could stay up late at night and just look around for LGBT+ forums and EC caught my attention:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I found myself that I've been checkin' out this site far too many times so when everybody were either asleep or out of the building, I created my profile(A)

I'm still not out yet to everybody (FYI, I'm havin' trans-thoughts and feels lost in the middle somewhere) but I certainly feel much stronger and positive that I've felt for ages:wink: I'm very positive that EC is goin' to give me enough strength and courage from all fabulous and wonderful people here in order to tell the world about my true part of me!^^ I do see a bright end to all of this for me, I have that feelin' thanks to EC;D

20. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wish this had a vote.. I expect 100% to 99%!
    Anyhow jokes aside this community has brought me a much needed vindication and comfort. Blessed be the Creator!