1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still A Little Lost...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BookWriter1994, Aug 14, 2016.

1. BookWriter1994

I’ve only met two women off of the HER app so far and to be quite honest, I am still a bit confused about my sexuality. I mean, the women that I have met so far went pretty well!

The one I met first was like I think, 2014 and all we did was hung around Khols/Target and chatted the whole time. However, after that, we lost touch. Sometimes we would speak every now and then and it wasn’t the same.

Today, I met someone who I have been talking to for a few days from the same app. We hung out at the mall and I even told her that I was a bit confused about myself and my sexuality. She completely understood and accepted that. I EVEN told her that if things go well that I would KISS HER! I was so nervous the whole time! But I didn’t kiss her and I have no idea why. I don’t know if it’s because maybe I am not bisexual after all or she’s just not my type(same with the other woman) even after all of that, I still think that there’s something there with women but idk on what to do! Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me but I’m tired of it!

2. BookWriter1994

Anyone??????????

3. Shepamelia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, I guess you could try to figure out if you didn't kiss her because you did not want to or if you were just too nervous to do it. You said you "think there's something there with women" so what makes you think that? Do you feel any kind of attraction to women? If the answer is yes, than yeah, you are bisexual. If you think you're just curious about it but have never really WANTED to kiss a woman or had feelings for one, than I guess you're not. It's very normal to be confused about your sexuality, so just give yourself some time to evaluate your feelings. Good luck!

4. faustian1

Gee, I learn something new on here everyday. I had no idea there was an app of this sort for women. Yeah, go ahead and laugh, I'm getting old.

But the burning question I have is: Are the interactions that occur from using that app as dysfunctional as the ones the male apps produce? Maybe this is a good topic for a poll.

But I digress. Maybe you should arrange to kiss somebody. That would give pretty informative feedback on how you feel about it. As I recall, I was a bit ambivalent about kissing another guy, for the longest time. And then it happened. And I realized, I never felt that way kissing women. Oh, sure it felt good, but with the men, it was altogether better. Sometimes you have to try something, before you're sure...

5. PrettyinPunk

I wouldn't rule out being bi just from these couple experiences. Also why the pressure to meet these women and feel you have to kiss them immediately?! Like faustian said kissing another girl can give a "I definitely like girls" feeling but maybe not. You could be a kind of person that needs more time to feel comfortable with another woman. Or maybe the want to justify your identity is making you too nervous and anxious. Like you said they could just not be your type.

I know you want a guaranteed answer right now. But life and your sexuality is rarely so simple. Just keep meeting people you like and see where it goes. You might find a girl you really connect with and it'll make sense from there.

6. BookWriter1994

Thank you guys. I talked to my friends about it and they both said that I am either nervous or it's because its a girl. But, I don't know about either of those. Maybe the nervous part. I can't really say no completely to girls. Maybe I am anxious and nervous and the nerves are getting to me. whenever I see a girl, I cannot help but stare and idk if those times am I attracted to her or just because she's pretty.

7. AriesDoesItBest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my own experience- I've only ever had good chemistry with girls I've met in person when we didn't outright admit we were lesbians (or interested). I feel like using an app like that gives off way too many expectations and to be honest. With girls. It's there or it's not. Unless you have a super high sex drive and are usually a pretty experienced lesbian. If you're new I would definitely suggest going out and finding girls rather than using an app. In my opinion it's not really the best idea for newbies especially those who aren't sure yet.