1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not straight Christian

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SnixxJuice, Aug 13, 2016.

1. SnixxJuice

In a lot of religious groups, homosexuality is frowned upon. I believe in God, and enjoy worship. Are there any dominations more open to LGBT people?

2. faustian1

In my town, there is a church that is very open and affirming to LGBT people. It is affiliated with the United Church of Christ.

3. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, you don't need organized religion. You can simply worship on your own without judgmental people.

4. Mattjstead

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The best that is going to be more "Christian" and not "Spiritual" is the Denomination "United Church of Christ." Most wear garments resembling Catholic/Methodist.

After coming out to my wife a week ago I have already found a few here in Dallas and may not make it tomorrow, but will report back. I think that will be your best bet.
    The one you can look up (has great resources and is smack in the middle of the Dallas "Gayborhood") is Cathedral of Hope in Dallas (Cedar Springs).

To respond to mvp_447; You arer right. But, some people crave the "together" and "group" feel of a congregation that is found in Churhes/Mosques/Sandhas. I am both ways depending on my mood.

And what is so sad is the verse used against "homosexuality" calling it an abomination is ignored that a chapter up, Lot (known as holy and jujust) when a group of men came to his door offered his "virgin daughters" for thier "pleasure. "(gang rape). Or that the origional word of "abomination" (toevah or plural toevat) when used in other of the 103 places of the Hebrew Bible would make no sense as the word "Abomination."

Very sad so many are shunned/shamed/outcast for, in all honesty, no good reason other than oppression and judgement. And over Two men or women loving one another? With all the MESS in the world?! At times I wonder if God shakes his head and goes, "Did....did I make those things?" (Humor).

You will find your place.

If you need more help don't hesitate to ask.
    Love and Peace,

MJay

5. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thought we don't agree on the religion part, congrats against on coming out to your wife; I know from experience how tough it is. Much love and respect, my friend.

6. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are several churches in my neighborhood whose primary focus is on the gay community. However, like someone had mentioned, you can always worship by yourself because the majority of the time, that is what I do. There are certain TV spiritual programs that I do watch and take whatever is been spoken upon and apply certain areas to my life that is being beneficial to me. Nonetheless, I have reading material that I read on a daily basis each morning before I start my day that means a lot to me over the years and if I don't partake in this routine, I feel as if my day has gotten off to a wrong start. That's just what I do though.

7. Mattjstead

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well.. you didn't agree with my answer. My personal opinion and feelings of Religion would take a BOOK to explain. haha. (Philosophy Minor, Psychology Major...We aren't short winded or short thought). Haha!

And thank you.
    All the best,
    MJay

8. Joe54321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I go to a Church of England church which is gay accepting, its of a liberal anglo-catholic tradition i.e we like smells, bells and formal worship but take a liberal attitude to issues of sexuality etc. In fact our Vicar is gay. The Episcopal Church in the USA is pretty gay accepting I believe.